Chapter 7

Anna's POV

"Eh, grandpa you know ?" I asked , turning my head to face him . He now has the attention of the entire room . But he only shrugged in return .

"Yes , both your parents told me ."

"B-but why ?! "

"Because your condition isn't very stable Anna ." Charlie stated .

"What do you mean ?" Chloe asked , raising one of her eyebrows in confusion . I can't blame her , it's my own body and in my opinion , I'm considered healthy .

"So many questions , so troublesome ." Charlie sighed out .

"Stop sighing like an old man and keep talking ." Chloe scolded .

"Fine , fine . Being a half guardian angel is never a good thing . You attract lost souls but you can't kill them or chase them away because you don't have the powers . And if you can't do any of that , they could easily kill you anytime . A-"

"If that's true , then it's impossible for Anna to be alive right now ." Cole cut in , giving Charlie a suspicious look .

"Whoa whoa , don't give me that look . I am not done yet ." Charlie grumbled , a scowl present in his face . After receiving a hit on the head from Chloe , Cole looked away from Charlie .

"As I was saying , Anna's mother put a barrier on her but after her mother passed away , the barrier weakened . We can control the barrier but only if you're near us , and because you choose to live here instead of living with us , the barrier stays weak .That's where Max comes in ."

"What does Grandpa Max have to do with this ?" I questioned , tilting my head in confusion .

"Max's sixth sense is considered powerful enough to notice if any of the souls were to do something that would harm you . He called us every time he saw it happen and when he did , my father would be the one to help you."

"Okay I get it , but why do you come all the way here just to tell me this ? And how do you know about the dream that I had ?"

"Max contacted us last night and this morning . Of course father felt the need to pick me instead of my brothers , and told me to come here instead of them who got away by asking mom ."

I giggled ." Why didn't you do the same ? Call your mom now and tell her to bring you home . I'm sure she would be delighted to do that ."

He scoffed and gave me a playful glare . "Sure , I'll do that if I want my ear getting dragged all the way home ."

"I knew it ! You must be acting lazy like how you used to be ."

"I'm not lazy woman , stop saying troublesome things ." he grumbled , but I had managed to see a small smile grazed his face for a second before it disappeared .

I spent the rest of the day talking to Charlie and asking him more questions , some about my babies , the others about his family . Apparently , Charlie will stay to 'protect' me during my pregnancy . Which means he will fulfil the duties that my mate is supposed to do .

I squealed loudly when he told me and he had to cover his ears .

"Stop squealing , you're being annoying ." he stated unhappily , despite the smile that is present on his face .

Jackson didn't have any problem with him staying in the pack house , he had someone prepared a guest room for Charlie to stay . I went to bed feeling content , seeing my dear cousin after a long time made me very happy and the fact that he will stay here is just a bonus .

The next morning , I woke up with an excruciating pain , unable to hold it in , I screamed out loud , waking some of the pack members , including my family . They rushed to my room , asking me why am I screaming but I could only reply them with another scream .