14

Zane's POV

Waking up next to my mate was definitely the best thing in the world. I think I spent over an hour just watching her sleep and only stopped because she woke up, but instead of scrambling away like I thought she would, she snuggled closer to me.

"You're so warm ."

"I'm glad I could be of assistance . Are you hungry?" I asked , giving her a soft kiss on her forehead . Her body was unusually cold for a human though .

"Hm , no . I think I ate too much last night ."

"You should still have something ." I said , worrying about her abnormal temperature .

"Well....I think I'll just have a little of what you're eating , plus a cup of tea ." She yawned , getting up from the bed and stretched her arms .

I would have enjoyed the view if not for the fact that her body's temperature reminded me of a reptile's . Thinking that getting some food into her body would help , I quickly called the room service .

.

.

When we arrived at the pack , we were greeted by some warriors . As I instructed , nobody should know that we arrived today . I didn't want to overwhelm Anna .

I took all her stuff into my home . Showing her around , I chuckled when I heard her screamed softly when she saw the nursery room . She then proceeded to hug me , seemingly forgot about her pregnancy , while I panicked and quickly maneuver her body .

"Soooo.....do you like it ?"

"Yes ! Thank you so much , it is adorable ."

"Well , I bet my mother will be glad to hear it ."

At the mention of my mother , her mood changed drastically . I frowned , asking her about it but she only shook her head and walked away .

"Anna please tell me what's wrong ."

"It's nothing ."

"Anna..." I ran my hand through my hair , scowling at the fact that this pattern kept on repeating .

"I said it's nothing !" Feeling her anger through our bond , only helped to fuel mine .

"Anna , I have been very forward to you about things and I need you to do the same if we want this relationship to work . Walking away won't help me understand you , at least not until I mark you ." I said , grabbing her arm and pulled her to face me .

In my rage , I didn't notice that I used too much force , my wolf was too angry to be disrespected by his own mate . Sure we loved our mate , but everyone had their limits .

It wasn't until I heard a small whimper that I realized what I had done . Immediately retracting my hand , I saw a bruise that was starting to form on her arm .

"I-I...I'm-"

"It's..... It's okay , I'm f-fine ." She quickly used one of her hands to cover the place where my hand has been.

"Zane !" Standing at the bottom of the stairs was my mother who , from her expression , definitely saw the bruise on Anna's arm . She gave me the motion to come down and I grudgingly obeyed .

When we were down , my mother touched Anna's hand that was covering her arm gently, as if asking her to remove it . When Anna removed her hand , there was an ugly looking bruise , the shape of my hand , on her arm .

"How can you do this to your mate ?" Mother asked , giving me a nasty look .

"It's okay , I'm-I'm fine...." Anna whispered , taking a step away from my mom and leaned her body closer to mine but still kept a distance so that we're not touching .