Chapter One

Castiel Novak groaned as his alarm blurted out the usual radio station,"Good Morning Franklin! Today will be toasty so break out your shor-" The 17-year old didn't let the man on the radio finish as he smacked the alarm clock.

He sat up in his bed, stretching, back popping. Castiel threw the cover back as his usual morning routine: wake up, pick out his clothes, race to the bathroom before one of his three older brothers could reach it, shower, brush teeth, rush out of the door and to the bus stop.

'This routine will never change.' Castiel thought as he stood at the bus stop, straightening his tie, his older brother Gabriel standing next to him. "Hey little bro." Castiel grumbled a,'Hello' in return, shoulders slumping. "What's wrong? A little rain on your parade?" Castiel sighed,"You have no idea."

"What's goin on?"

"Just finals coming up, graduation, and prom. I mean I don't even have a prom date!!"

Castiel threw his hands up in the air, dramatically, causing Gabriel to chuckle. "What are you laughing at?! You're going to prom with Sam Winchester! I mean he's head of the debate team and straight A honor roll student." Gabriel nodded along, unwrapping a sucker, popping it in his mouth. The older Novak rolled the sucker in his mouth a couple of times before speaking,"You know his bigger brother is single, and gay as a two dollar bill." Gabriel smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Before Castiel could respond, a tall boy, wearing glasses and a bow tie came bounding towards them, Sam Winchester.

"Hey Cas! Hey babe." He greeted and kissed Gabriel's cheek. The Eldest Novak blushed and giggled,"Hello moosey."

Castiel looked away from the couple and saw none other than Dean Winchester eyeing him up. The Youngest Novak tilted his head, cutting his eyes,"Can I help you?" He asked, causing Dean to meet his curious gaze. The Eldest Winchester smirked,

"Can't I enjoy the view?"

Castiel blushed,"You've used that line before I presume?"

"I may have, I may have not, but I actually like what I see."

"We've been neighbors for how many years and you are just taking notice of me now? Are you pulling my leg?"

Dean's eyes raked over Castiel again, smirk widening some,"Well, I was busy chasing the wrong guys, jocks and goths alike, but you, Lord help me. That whole 'Holy Tax Accountant' look you got going on." The Eldest Winchester let out a low whistle,"Driving me crazy."

Castiel rolled his eyes, pushing his glasses up his nose,"You've failed the 12th grade how many times? You do realize that punctuality and education are more of an import to me than looks." He said in a matter of fact tone, bus rolling up just on time,"Well, can't blame a guy for trying huh?" Castiel ignored him, getting in line to board the bus along with Sam, Gabriel, Meg, and Charlie.

"Look Cas, why don't you come over to my house, after school, give me a chance to redeem myself."

Castiel raised an eyebrow, turning to look at him,"Now why would I do that?" Dean chuckled,"Because you are curious to see why exactly I've noticed you now. Am I correct?" Castiel sighed, the people in front of him clambering up the stairs, he quickly wrote down his phone number on a wrinkled sheet of paper he had in his baize trench coat pocket,"Text me after school, then we'll talk. Good day Mister Winchester." With a wave of his hand, Castiel boarded the bus.

Dean looked down at the paper and back up at the angry bus driver,

"You getting on or what kid?!"

"I'm coming I'm coming."

Dean jumped onto the bus, sauntering to the back of the bus where his friends, Benny and Crowley, were sitting, already rowdy for a Monday morning.

The bus ride was pretty normal, like always, Gabriel and Sam couldn't keep their hands off of each other, Metatron was explaining his plan to ruin prom (or some other school event) to the only person who seemed to care which was Gadreel, Meg and Charlie were discussing the newest Stephen King book, Dean and his gang were shouting profanities out the bus windows at passing drivers, yet one thing was different. Castiel wasn't nose deep in a book this morning, oh no, he was busy thinking over the conversation he had with Dean,'Why is he interested now?' He kept thinking over and over as the bus chugged along.
---------------------------------------------

Castiel stood by his locker, he was the typical loner, gathering things for his Calculus class which conveniently took up two hours of the school day. As he he was gathering his calculator, someone slapped the tall pile of books out of his hands,

"Hey nerd, got my home work done?" Zachariah said, his cronies, Uriel and a few other people who Castiel would rather not associate with, laughing behind him,

"You can do your own home work, I've got more important things to do."

"Well you know what this means right?"

Zachariah backed him against the lockers, grabbing him by the collars of his trench coat. He lifted a fist, going to hit Castiel when a voice deep and loud said,"HEY!" All of the boys turned and looked, seeing Dean Winchester barrel down the hall way, the traffic of students clearing a path for him.

Zachariah dropped Castiel,"W-Well if it isn't Dean Winchester." The bully said and began to get nervous. "Did you just attempt to hurt this cute nerd?" Dean says, teeth bared, fists clenched tight at his sides,

"That's not what I was doing, you see-"

"Shut up fat ass and have your bitches pick up his books."

The three boys went to protest but quickly thought other wise when Dean raised an eyebrow. The bullies picked up Castiel's books, handing them over too him,"Now say sorry before I give you the face reconstruction you need." Dean threatened, earning a glare from Zachariah,"I'm sorry." He says and gives Castiel a look that says,'Your dead.'

Dean watched as they walked off, the crowd of high schoolers that had gathering around them that excepted a fight began to dissipate,

"Thank you."

"Oh no thanks needed, I could use a kiss though-"

"Not happening, next time you want to play hero, make sure you don't expect so much in return."

Castiel turned on his heel and walks off to class,"Don't forget to text me!" Dean called after Castiel.

'Maybe he isn't so bad.' The Youngest Novak thought, a ghost of a smile crossing his face.

((This, my wayward sons and daughters is the first chapter for my new book (which I enjoy writing) feed back is welcome. More chapters are to come! ~Sam Winchester~))