Chapter Six

Castiel hung up with Dean, slipping his phone back into his pocket, and walking into the office. His eyes landed on the tall SRO, a smirk coming across his face as a plan formed in his head.

Castiel slipped up behind the cop, grabbing the slip he needed to sign and began to write on the paper as he listened to Raphael,

"I'm going to catch these hippie stoners."

"Did you not hear? It's Sam Winchester and that other kid... I can't think of his name..."

"Is his name Gabriel Novak?"

Castiel stiffned, stopping his writing to focus on what he was saying,

"Yes that's it! But, if you don't mind me asking, What are you going to do to catch them? They could be home by now."

Raphael laughed, "And that's exactly where I want them to be."

The youngest Novak gasped and began to scribble the rest of his excuse quickly.

The SRO turned around to see who gasped and eyes Castiel with suspicion,

"Hey you."

The teen didn't answer just scribbled his signature quickly and handed it to the office Secretary. Castiel turned to leave but the cop grabbed the strap of his back pack and turned him around,

"You know Gabriel or Sam?"

Castiel had a poker face that would baffle even the best of poker players, but on the inside he was slowly drawing himself closer to a panic attack.

"Nope.. Never heard of them."

"Is that so?"

Castiel nodded slowly, "Pretty much yea."

Raphael retrieved the copy of the check out slip from the teens steady hands and read aloud,

"Castiel Novak...."

The teen felt his heart beating faster, his head spinning, and his stomach doing flips.

"Gabriel Novak and Castiel Novak..... Just cousins or what? Because as I read this more." Raphael paused and read the slip to the very bottom, "It seems you two live in the same house!"

Castiel had held back his panic too long and was about to begin to hyperventilate when Dean came into the office,

"Hey Cas, your aunt called, the baby is coming quickly, you need to rap this up." Dean saw the death grip the cop had on Castiel and got a hint that the teen needed more than words to save him.

The green eyed boy walked over and removed Raphael's hand from Castiel's backpack, "Come on sweet heart, this bully cop isn't going to stop you from seeing your God child born."

Dean grabbed Castiel's limp hand and basically drug the blue eyed teen out of that office.

Dean stopped when they got to the end of the sidewalk that connected to the street Castiel and Dean lived on,

"Cas... Are you ok?"

By this time, Castiel's panic had subsided and he just felt numb. The blue eyed teen nodded,

"We have to warn him Dean... We have too.."

"Can I ask.. Why is it so important to keep Gabe away from the cops?" The pair began to jog towards Castiel's house as the raven haired boy began to spin a tail of one of Gabriel's darkest secrets,

"Gabe..?"

The named moaned and rolled over in his bed.

"Gabriel some cops want to talk to you about last night.."

The boy sat up and began to scramble around for clothes. Gabriel shook with panic as he pulled on his shirt.

"GABRIEL NOVAK?!" A deep voiced yelled, "WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT AT TWELVE A.M.?"

Gabriel picked up a pair of pants but quickly threw them back into the closet, and Castiel noticed two things about those pants,

One: those were the pants Gabriel had worn last night.

Two: the pants were not blue anymore, they were a deep red.

Dean and Castiel stopped at the front door,

"So what happened?"

Castiel looked down, tears flowing down his face, "He had been in a drunk driving accident. He had been drunk and crashed with a couple. Gabriel was fine, all he had was a nasty gash on his chest and arm."

Dean looked to the door and back to the teen standing in front of him, "What about the couple?"

Castiel shook his head slowly, "They didn't make it.."

Dean's eyes grew wide, "And you witnessed when Gabe.."

"They arrested him and he went to jail for six months. That's why he wasn't in school for that long while."

Dean just embraced Castiel briefly and then let go, time was short and the chick flick moments could wait,

"Come on, we've got a couple of crazy kids to save. Later I promise, we can hug again."

"Always flirting aren't we Dean?"

"Always."