Chapter 4

The building started to fill in with people from Amity, Abnegation, Candor, Dauntless and Erudite. Marcus Eaton started to give the "Welcoming Speech", then he started to call of names backwards. Confusing right?

"Genevieve Saunders" Marcus called.
I walked down, pride in my step. When I reached the bottom, I looked at all the bowls. Stones for Abnegation, Earth for Amity, Glass for Candor, Water for Erudite, and Coals for Dauntless. I walked to Marcus and took the knife he gave me.

I walked back over to the table. The water shown bright like a polished diamond, and the coals sizzled like bacon on a frying pan. I closed my eyes, as I slit my hand not feeling the pain as much, but hearing the coals sizzle even more as my blood dripped into the bowl. I had chosen. I looked up from the bowls, and saw my mother. She flashed me a smile before I walked briskly over to the Dauntless crowd, them cheering, clapping, and hugging me with pride.

We were dismissed first, running and laughing all the way. I couldn't believe what the fuck I had gotten myself into.
"Hey, what the hell is going on, am I right?" A girl said to my right. She was dressed in grey. I never thought people from Abnegation used that kind of language. "My name is Evelyn. Call me Eve for short." She yelled.

I could barely hear her. Especially since the yelling and laughing was getting louder. These people are hooligans.

"Hi, my name is Genevieve. Call me Gene for short. Nice to meet you!" I shouted, as my ears started to ring.

I looked up to see a bunch of people jumping on the passing train. These people really are crazy bastards.

"Care to jump with me?" Evelyn shouted, lending me her hand. Instead of taking it I nodded and we starting running. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I had landed on the train with her.

"You bitch! You closed your eyes!" Evelyn said shoving me a little. I laughed a little at her remark.

"So, what if I did close my eyes? We both made it safely on here!" I said shoving her back, us both laughing. Somebody taps my shoulder, and I turn around to be captured into green eyes, and tan skin.

"They're jumping off again." He said.

"Shit. Really?" I said, glancing back at Evelyn.

We took each other's hands this time.
"On three!" Evelyn shouted, squeezing my hand tightly.

"One" I said, taking a breath.

"Two" Evelyn said, nervousness in her voice.

"THREE!" We both said in unison, sprinting towards the roof that the others had landed on.

"We made it!" Evelyn said, dropping her hand as she started to laugh.

I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Initiates, we are proud that you have made it this far. But, you have to strive to go further." A tall, dark man said. You could visibly see that he could be the oldest out of them.

"My name is Max. I'm one of the Dauntless leaders. There are five of them. You will treat us all with respect." Max says, pacing across the ledge of the roof.

"You need to complete one task to get into Dauntless headquarters. And that is to jump off this ledge." Max says, an evil grin widespread across his face.

"Is there water down there or something to cushion the fall?" The boy with green eyes asks.

"Oh, I don't know. I guess you'll just have to find out." Max says, an even bigger grin on his face.

"Well, any volunteers?" Max says, his voice booming.

I don't know why, but I walked up to the front and stood on the ledge.

"Oh wow, Nose wants to go first." Max says laughing.

I thought, if only you had a brain, you bastard. I turned to face the crowd, a smile creeping on my lips.

"If only you knew" I said to Max, falling backwards.