Chapterd 4: What? I am sobbber

Mari was quiet, actually too quiet as she leaned her head on my shoulder. We've been sitting in silence since she returned from that call. She even ate her dinner silently as music played lowly. She had only taken two bites of her pie-the pie we both dearly love.

"M-maaay I ask what's wrooonng with you?" I gulp down the last of the champagne in my flute.

"I'll talk to you when you're sober." She chuckles. I stare down at her and pour sadly.

"What! I am soberrr what do you mean." I mutter defensively.

"Yeah right, Jay! I promise I will tell you tomorrow." She states sincerely but I know it's a lie. She's taking advantage of the fact that I'm not me right now.

"Pinky promise?" I suggest like that'll make sure she'll text me. She nods grabbing my pinky and locking it with her's.

"Father-daughter dance?" We both look up and Mr.Fields smiles down at Mari holding out his hand. She smiles standing up. She looks down at me.

"Stay put Jay!" She urges, I groan and nod. Mr.Fields takes one look at me and raises an eyebrow

"Are you okay, Jay?" He questions reviewing the many empty flutes on the table then adverting his eyes back to me. Mari and I both nod nervously. She looks at me to her father and smiles.

"Uh, I gave her a painkiller because she has a terrible headache, but I kinda forgot that it was a sleeping pain pill." She rants trying to save me from looking like that drunk friend that drinks any and everywhere.

"Well, you two should head home. Don't want her to fall asleep and her face lands in the pie," he chuckles hysterically.

"N-no I'm fine Marvin. Father-daughter dance yay!" I cheer excitedly.

" You sure?" He questions skeptically. Mari throws me a look. She's probably telling me to say no and instead she should take me home to get some sleep, but her father asked her to dance which is really sweet.

"Totally Captain Fields!" I shout as I salute him and chuckle. Mari stares at me disappointed and all I could do was stick out my tongue idiotically at her as her dad led them to the dance floor.

I start to feel guilt and a tad bit envious because I would kill to be in her shoes right now. I haven't danced with my dad since my cousins sweet sixteen which was like 12 years ago.

I had 6 cups of champagne and I feel a tiny bit wasted, but I'm not. I still can stand and understand everything.

"You've had way too much to drink." Someone chuckles. I pull my lips away from the glass and stare at the person talking to me. It's Ky towering over me with a huge devious smirk planted on her face. What does she want now?

"Did I?" I question rhetorically. Speaking of drinks I need like 2 more. Why am I drinking again? Oh, SEAN!

"Yeah you did, but don't worry because last time I showed up I was wasted and high" she adds as if that will cheer me up or make me feel any better about getting wasted at this banquet.

"Sharing stories are we, should I care?" I stare at her hysterically. She's really pretty, no wonder Sean had sex with her.

"Just trying to inform people that this "banquet" is useless, and you always have to run into people you either fucked or their spouse," she sighs exhaustedly

"Oh you know those things to well, seeing you had sex with my boyfriend." Anger flushes me quickly as I stare at her. My cheeks maybe visible with a light blush.

"Pretty sure he's your ex, and I didn't fuck Peters, really don't play that side of the field. Plus his stick is like a walking disease kit," she shrugs nonchalantly. My eyebrows raise curiously at her notion for the size of his dick.