13. Romano vs. Germany

Germany P.O.V.
Italy has walked to the store to get some ingredients for Alfredo. This is bad, his brother is not happy. And an unhappy Italian is an annoying one. Not the happy Feliciano kind of annoying, but the Romano kind. Then again when isn't he angry? I prepared myself for the downfall of insults. But surprisingly he didn't say a word the minute Italy walked out the door. He bit his tongue and looked at me. Words could not express his anger. He stood for a moment trying to find the words when he pushed me down on a chair so I could see him eye to eye. "What the hell did you-a do to my brother you potato bastard?! Whatever it is you need to-a stop." He looked me dead in the eyes. "Listen, I don't know vhat this is about." I sighed. "Don't give me-a that shit!!!" "Romano I'm telling jou!" He took a moment. "Listen you potato bastard, I am-a jealous of my brother in many ways. But I-a will not watch him suffer through the same pain he-a had to deal with years ago." I looked at him so confused. "Don't play dumb bastard! Do you know how long it-a took to get Feli to smile again?!" I was shocked. "There was a time in Italy's life when he didn't smile?" Romano's Italian accent was getting thicker. "And here-a you are! He's making a fool out-a of himself for a potato eating bastard like you!!!" What was usually the calm and angry Romano, was here, tearing up in front of me because of his brother. "Do you understand what you-a did to him?! I will not put-a my brother through that again. I don't know-a how bad it felt, but I-a can't imagine if something like-a that happened-" "To jour beloved Spain?" I smirked. Romano blushed a little. "Don't vorry I von't tell a soul." He sighed a little, but confused on how I knew was written all over his face. "With a price." I continued. "He snarled at me, "What price?" "Jou answer one question." "Fine, potato bastard." "How did I hurt Italy? I never met him until recently." "Excuse me?!" He snapped. "How the hell do you forget that you kissed somebody, tell somebody you will be back but never did until many years later, and say you will be back once the war you left for is over?!" I was confused. "I kissed Italy? I went away for war? I promised him something?" This didn't add up. Romano smacked me, but at the worst time possible. Italy came back from the store.