4 | Sirens

Mine.

His hands were gripping my hips with possessiveness. His breath was hitting my face and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst. I wasn't able to describe how I felt, but my body was reacting in a strange way and I couldn't stop looking at him. I was mesmerized with him, my mate. I had finally found him.

I pressed my hands on his chest feeling slowly as I felt overwhelmed with the sensations our touch ignited. I couldn't believe it. Since I had been told that I was going to become the Luna very soon, I knew everything was already decided. However, this changed everything. It made me hopeful that maybe I had a chance to chose my destiny; his existence meant so much. 

His eyes sparked, almost as if he were speaking to me. He leaned down, our faces inched closer, the pull bringing us together and I knew what I wanted. A piercing sound interrupted us, and I knew exactly what it was. The sirens.

"What is that sound?" he asked, and in a second his body shielded mine as he took a protective position waiting for a possible threat.

"The sirens." I whispered, knowing what they meant. "They are a piercing sound that only werewolves can listen to. They warn us when someone trespasses the territory and it means the trackers are already looking for an intruder. The pack members have to stay in their houses and..." my voice trailed off when I looked at his concerned face, a frown forming in between his eyes. His grip on my waist tightened, a low growl coming from his throat as he said, "Shit."

"You..." And then it clicked. "You are the intruder, aren't you?" I asked and stepped away from him confused as hell.

He stared at me quietly and nodded. "I am."

"Are you...are you a rogue?" I asked afraid of what he might answer because deep down I knew what it would be. There was a reason as to why I had never seen him in the pack before. I took another step away from him and hugged myself feeling cold all of a sudden. I had responded to him so quick, so lost in the connection we had that I didn't stop for a moment to wonder who he really was. 

"No. I'm not from here though." he said firmly.

"You should go then, before they find you." I muttered nervously and started to make my way back to the road that led me to the Alpha House.

"Wait." He said and grasped my arm softly. I turned to him and almost melted at the touch. His eyes looks sad. He leaned to me and his nose grazed my cheek, "Can I see you again? I need more time, we need more time."

My wolf purred. Yes, please!  Please!   Listening her in my mind was still quite new, but I couldn't deny wanting to see him again. 

"I...yes." I sighed defeated and he grazed my cheek again. 

We heard voices not far away and I panicked. I pushed his chest, "If you want to see me again, you need to go, now!" I pleaded with my alpha voice, worried. Not knowing him, didn't mean that I wanted him to get caught. I knew the penalty for rogues that trespass the territory. 

He gave me one last look that I felt all the way to my toes, and turned away. A second later his arms were rounding my waist and his body was pressed against my own. He dipped his head until his lips reached mine and kissed me, our lips moving in synch. His lips were soft as they moved against mine in a delicate way. It was sweet yet passionate, and like nothing I had ever experienced before. One moment he was there, overwhelming my senses and then, he was gone.

His touch faded as I saw him running into the darkness of the woods, away from me.

Wow. I smiled at my wolf's thought; this time, I agreed with her. That had been amazing.