Chapter 98

Hey.

I would just like to apologise for not uploading any chapters for a couple of weeks. This is because I have been on holiday to Kos and I haven't been able to upload anything. (I highly recommend going)

However, whilst I've been away, I have gone back through a couple of old chapters and have been adding some more into them and I'm going to continue to do that so that they are a bit more interesting. So check them out if you like, but there aren't many major changes.

Now that I'm back I'm going to go back to uploading everyday. I hope that you enjoy so feel free to vote and comment. I always read your comments and they make me smile. :) enjoy.

Georgia x

***

The Governor had a smug look on his face whilst the crowd yelled and cheered. Almost as if they enjoyed what he was doing. All I could do was watch as he circled around Daryl and Merle before nodding his head towards Martinez.

Before I could even attempt to do anything, Martinez grabbed the back of my head and pulled me backwards. He then held a knife to my throat. "No!" Daryl yelled. His face was filled with anger, fear and love. Something I would've never thought I'd see again after what happened between us.

His hands were also still tied together as he stood next to Merle looking at me. The both of us then watched as Andrea ran forward and was grabbed by yet another man. Hopefully, Rick got Maggie and Glenn back to the prison. That was what we came here to do after all. Daryl and I would need to fight our way out if we had to. Somehow.

"Philip, please stop this. They're my friends." Andrea yelled.

"It's not up to me anymore." He turned to face her. "The people have spoken." He then turned back to Merle and Tyler. "I asked you where your loyalties lie. You said here. Well prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother. Winner stays on. Fight to the death." He then went and stood next to Tyler as a roar of cheering echoed through the arena.

I could feel the knife being pushed onto my throat as I tried to move. "Please you don't want to do this." Andrea cried.

Merle looked at me, then towards Andrea, then towards Daryl before raising his hand. "Y'all know me. I'm gonna do what ever I gotta do to prove," He turned to Daryl and punched him in the stomach. A tear slipped my eye as Daryl fell to the floor. The wind being knocked out of him. "That my loyalty." He kicked him. "Is to this town."

"Stop this!" I yelled as Merle continued to beat on Daryl. Daryl clearly not wanting to fight back. "Please!"

That's when I saw people walking to the side with walkers on sticks. I knew this place was sick. I was right to get out all those months ago. I just wish id said something. Maybe all of this could've then been avoided.

Daryl stood up and went for Merle, but as he did, I was pulled to my feet and dragged away with the knife still at my throat. I could hear Daryl snapping at Merle but I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying as I was pushed away from the arena.

"Let go of me." I screamed, trying to somehow spin out of his grasp.

Martinez kept walking. I tried struggling but it was no use. He was a lot stronger than I was so he walked with ease out of the arena and into the street. He then began making his way over to one of the buildings. The same one I was taken to before. The Governor's office. What the hell was he planning to do with me? I didn't even want to think about it. All I knew was that I had to get away.

Then there was the sudden sound of gun fire and screaming coming from behind us, which stopped Martinez dead in his tracks. The next thing I knew, something hit the back of my head and Martinez threw me to the ground.