Chapter 135

Daryl's pov

As I drove out of the prison, I looked back in the mirror to see Lily watching as I drove out. I felt bad about telling her I didn't want her to come, but it was for her own good. I didn't want her to come out here and end up getting hurt any more. After her dad and the baby, I want her to be safe. At the least, knowing she was safe at the prison, I'd be able to concentrate on what we came out here to do. If she were here, I don't think I'd be able to do that.

The sooner we get these meds, the sooner I can get back to her.

With that in mind, I glanced over at Michonne to see she was sitting quietly in the passenger seat with a rather pissed look on her face, and I think I knew the reason why. "Hey. I know you weren't running of. Thing is, the trail went cold. You know that, right?" She didn't reply. Didn't even turn her head. "If it's any different. I'd be right out there with you." I glanced over again to see that she was looking back at me. She then sighed and turned her head back to the road.

She knew the real reason I stopped looking for the Governor. Yeah, his trail went cold, but I stopped because of Lily. Because of everyone else back at the prison who needed us around to help. That wasn't enough to stop Michonne though.

After that, we drove for a little while in silence. That was until I couldn't bare the quiet anymore and started to fiddle with the radio. All there was was static. Of course there was.

It was then I noticed Michonne open the glove compartment and I spotted a couple of CDs stored inside. "Why don't you hand me one of those CDs right there?" I pointed before continuing to mess around with the buttons on the radio.

All of a sudden, we all stopped what we were doing as a voice came through the static.

"Sanctuary."

"Was that a voice?" Bob asked.

I raised my finger to my mouth, telling him to be quiet as I turned the dial to get a stronger signal.

"Terminus...Those who...Survive...Alive...Terminus."

I didn't know what to say so I turned my head to look at Michonne. She too didn't know what to say. There were more people out here and by the sound of it they had a community of some sort.

I let the thought slide as I turned my attention back to the road, only to see that there were walkers everywhere. "Hold on!" I yelled as I managed to swerve around as many as I could, hitting the ones I couldn't avoid. That was when I slammed down on the breaks as I saw what was in front of us.

There must've been thousands of them all blocking the road and there was no way we were gonna make it through all of them. Not without putting our lives on the line. I had to get us out of here.

"Grab something!" I yelled again as I slammed my foot down onto the reverse peddle.

"Go to the left." Michonne pointed.

I changed gear and stepped on the acceleration to find we weren't going anywhere. "What the hell?" I spat and I looked out of the side mirror to see that the walkers I'd knocked down earlier were all jammed under the wheels. "Damn it. Were jammed up. We'll have to make a run for the gaps right there. You make a run for the woods and you don't stop for nothing. You hear me?" Everyone nodded. "Now!"

I threw open the sun roof and grabbed my crossbow. Michonne throwing open the passenger side door as I did, pulling her sword on some walkers to make room for Bob and Tyreese to get out. I then climbed out onto the roof, slid down the front windshield and killed a walker with my knife in the process, killing another as I jumped from the bonnet to join Michonne.