Chapter 159

As we walked in, Rick was carrying Judith and walking down the centre of the church. "How'd you survive here for so long? Where'd all your supplies come from?" He asked.

"Luck. Our annual can food drive. Things fell apart right after we'd finished it. It's just me." Gabriel replied. Rick handed Judith to Carl as Gabrial continued to speak. "The food lasted a long time. Then I started scavenging. I've cleaned out every place near by. Except for one."

"What kept you from it?" Rick asked holding onto his gun.

"It's overrun." Gabriel replied instantly.

"How many?" Rick questioned.

"A dozen or so. Maybe more." Gabriel told us all.

"We can handle a dozen." Rick nodded.

He turned to the rest of us and looked at Carl. "Bob and I will come with you." Sasha volunteered. "Tyreese should stay here. Help keep Judith safe."

"Sure." Tyreese nodded with a smile. "You need me to watch her. You need anything for her. I'm right here."

"I'm grateful for it." Rick nodded. "And everything else." He looked towards me.

"I'll come to." Briana also volunteered.

I looked in her direction and I knew after everything she's been through this is a way of keeping her mind occupied. "I'll draw you a map." Gabriel began to walk to what looked to be his office.

"You don't need to. You're coming with us." Rick told him.

Gabriel looked nervous at Ricks suggestion. "I'm not gonna be of any help. You saw me. I'm no good around those things."

"You're coming with us." Rick snapped. Gabriel nodded without anything to say in return. "Daryl, you and Lily go out and get some water and the others can look through the phone book for near by gun stores."

"Alright." Daryl nodded and we all agreed.

Briana hugged me before going outside with Rick, Sasha, Bob and Michonne with Gabriel following behind slowly. Whilst the others went into Gabriels office Daryl handed me two containers.

We walked out of the church and down to the stream that Daryl says Gabriel referred to whilst we were heading to the church. We walked for a good hour in silence before we finally reached the stream.

"We'll fill as much as we can then head back." I told him making some sort of conversation.

"Alright." Daryl nodded and started filling his containers.

Once all four of them were filled we started to head back down the road to the church. "Hey. I get it. You don't wanna talk about it. You okay?" Daryl spoke soothingly.

"Gotta be." I looked at him.

"We get to start over. All of us with each other. You saved us all by yourself." Daryl thanked me in his own way.

"It wasn't just me. It was Carol to. We got lucky. We all should be dead." I told him. I looked up the road and saw an abandoned car by the side of the road. "I'll check it." I told Daryl and jogged over to it.

I placed the containers of water by the back of the car and sat in the drivers seat. The keys were still in so I turned them but the engine was flat. The car must have been parked for to long but I'm sure we can get it working.

I got out of the car and walked round to the boot and opened it. I lifted the cover to reveal the spare wheel and started to move the wires. "Hey. We ain't dead. What ever happened, happened. Lets start over." Daryl called from behind.