The time for change

" Neveah. Sweety are you comfortable? Could I get you a glass of water or a snack while you wait?" The lady stared at me intently but I just shook my head no and she tightened her thin lips together. "Well if there's anything I can do just holler ok sweety..." At that she walked out of the room sulkily while I waited patiently for the man to come and speak with me. He said it was urgent but it feels like I've been waiting in this room for ages.
" alright doll....opps! I mean.... Neveah..." At that he chuckles underneath his breath to himself. " I'm ready for you to come in now. Sorry that you had to wait. I had some business I had to attend to." I just nod my head at him while I sit down in the chair across from his desk. I fiddle with my fingers once more in the silence before trying to speak up.

" did you find out anything about my parents? " he looks at me with a grin on his face.

" doll...I think you should see for yourself." He then gets up from his chair and walked over to me extending a hand. " well....are you coming?" I jump up but I don't take his hand. He just looks at me and lets his hand fall back down to his side. And as he starts to walk I trail slowly behind still weak from sleep.

He leads me to a small room with tinted windows on the outside. We slowly approach, and before we reach the door he stops me and looks me in the eyes.
" now Neveah.... I know this may be hard for you but just know that I will be standing right out here watching everything OK. There is nothing to be afraid of in the room." I just give him a puzzled look.

" what's in the room?"

" I think that's what you should find out for yourself doll." With that he gives me a little push and I find my hand wandering toward the door handle, shaking and trembling with anxiety and fear for what might be behind the omnious door. I finally build up enough courage to open up the door, and what I see behind shocks me. It's just regular people. A young woman probably in her late thirties accompanied by a man that looked to be in his fourties. The woman had long dark hair and stong features, rosy cheeks, and blue eyes. The man was strong built with chiseled features. They stood as I entered the room, and I looked over the woman's face and she was weeping. Then I marveled in the ideal that these are my parents. The ones that used to tuck me into bed every night, sing me lullabies, and brush and braid my dark hair. They started walking toward me and all I wanted to do was hug them like I had imagined all those years down in the dark cellar, but a wave of fear washed over me and all I could do was ball up and start crying.
" oh honey!!! It's alright!!" She said to me... Then she looked to her husband that stood by her side and whispered something that would have been inaudible to a normal girl. " did we do something wrong? Do u think she will ever be like she was....or anywhere close to normal?" I tried to get up and run to them, tell them I was normal, that I could be their daughter again. But I couldn't bring myself too.

The man walked into the room then with tissues and a glass of water. He walked over to me and laid his arm around my shoulders, lifting me up to go and sit at the table.
"Doll.... Whats wrong?" He was very slow with me. Gentle, as to not startle me any more than I already was. " you don't have to be afraid no one can hurt you here....it'll all be alright." He took me in his arms then, his hand stroking my hair as he rocked me back and forth. Comforting me and making me feel at home in his embrace...