Shiro!Kaneki x Reader

You have been dating Kaneki for a while now. A year to be exact. Today marks your one year anniversary, you are so excited to see the man you love tonight. You were currently getting ready for your date, Kaneki told you to meet him at the nearby park at 7:00 P.M.

You put your hair in a pony tail with your bangs hanging out, you also put on a little bit of makeup, since Kaneki always tells you, you don't need any. You went into your closet and contemplated what to wear. After a couple of minutes of deciding, you decided to take out a (f/c) above the knees dress, it didn't have any straps either. You put it on and looked in the mirror, you swayed your body back and forth to get a feel of the dress, since you've never worn it before. After feeling confident, you put on your (f/c) flats, you grabbed your (f/c) pocket book and left.

You and Kaneki both decided not to get anything for each other, because Kaneki said it was pointless to get you a gift since you already are his gift.

On your way there you started to think about him. He has been very distant lately and didn't tell you why. You already knew he was a ghoul, and you weren't faced by it at all when he told you, you love him for who he is and him being a ghoul doesn't change anything. The only thing it changed was you having to worry about him every time he wasn't with you. You sighed out long by your own thoughts.

*What could he be hiding from me that he can't tell me? Or maybe he's just caught up in the work he's doing?*

You kept trying to think about reasons of what he wasn't telling you. You got to the park and sat on the swing. You waited 15 minutes and he still didn't show up yet. You decided to text him to ask where he was. You pulled out your phone and asked him. Then, you put it in your pocket book.

Your (e/c) looked up at the sky, it looked like its going to rain. You sat there for another 30 minutes, he still didn't reply to your text. It started to down pour hard. You didn't care though, you couldn't believe that Kaneki forgot your anniversary. You hung your head low and let the rain drench you. You took your (h/c) out of your pony tail and let it fall. You didn't realize that you were crying until you touched your face, the little make up you were wearing was all wet and on your face. You quickly washed it all off.

You got off the swing and decided to go back home. You weren't going to wait there for someone who wasn't going to come, it already was about an hour. When you got home you took off your clothes and went into the shower. You sat in the shower and let the water run down your body as you let out some tears. He's blown you off every time you try to go somewhere with him, the only time you ever see him is when he comes home. Which is barely nothing since when he does come home you're always sleeping.

You got out of the shower and put on your pajamas, and combed your hair. You looked in the mirror, you couldn't believe how you looked. You looked like the life got drained out of you, after some time of just staring you went to make some coffee. You made yourself a cup and went to your room.

You decided that tonight is the night you were going to tell him how you felt. He was mentally draining you. Your heart aches everyday for never seeing him. You even started to think irrationally, thinking that it'll be better if he wasn't here and you were alone. At least that's how it felt being with the white haired male.

You waited another two hours, you were half asleep when you heard the front door open. You got out of bed and went to the kitchen. You saw your boyfriend making a cup of coffee, still wearing his battle suit and mask.

"Kaneki." Was the only thing that came out of your mouth. Kaneki turned around to see you, he was surprised by the tone of your voice. You sounded frustrated and stressed out. He took off his mask.

"(Y/n), what's wrong? You look upset." He said. He was coming closer to you, when he was close enough you put your hand out. It rested on his chest. Kaneki was surprised by this, you looked up to see that his eyes were filled with worry and confusion.

"Do you remember what day it is?." You asked him. He looked down at you and surprisingly he nodded.

"Yes (y/n), I do. I know it is our one year anniversary and I know that I kept you waiting. I'm sorry, I had other matters to attend to. Please forgive me?" He said.

For some reason you got really angry at what he said. You put your hand down and looked to the floor. "Kaneki. So what you're saying is that your work is more important than me? You say you love me but you're never here. You're always at work, and when I do see you you're only here for a while. You come home late at night when I'm most likely sleeping, it's like you don't want to be with me anymore." Your voice started to crack up. You had tears coming out of your eyes but you needed him to hear you, so you continued. "If you want to break up with me then just do it! I can't do this anymore Kaneki, you use to always be here now you're not! You-you're never here anymore, and-and it feels like you don't want to be with me anymore." You finished. You were incomplete tears now, you turned your feet around ready to leave, but Kaneki grabbed your arm.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry for what I've done to you, but your information is false. I love you. I love you so much and it hurts me to have to see you this way. I'm always away because I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you to get involved in that side of my life. I don't want to break up with you, that's the last thing I want to do. I want to be with you forever. I love you (y/n) and I need you to know that." He said.

You turned around to face him, he still looked emotionless but his eyes showed a different story. They showed pain. You wiped your tears away and slowly went up and hugged him. You were being so selfish. You practically forgot all about the way he was feeling. He hugged you back really tight.

"Kan-Kaneki you're hu-hurting me." You said, slightly laughing.

"I'm sorry, I just missed you so much." He said and let you go.

He went back into the kitchen and got his coffee, took a sip, then walked back over to you. He picked you up with his free hand, and flung you over his shoulder.

"Hey! Kaneki you know I'm scared of heights put me down!" You screamed, as you pounded on his back. He just chuckled.

When he got to you and his room he put the coffee on the nightstand and then you on the bed. He placed you down gently, and pulled the covers over your body. He then slowly got into bed with you, and wrapped his arms around you. You turned around, and he kissed you. You loved his kisses. They were always so gently and passionate, after awhile you two pulled away.

"Happy anniversary, (y/n)." He said. You smiled then snuggled up against his chest. He rested his chin on your head.

"Kaneki, can you promise me something?" You said nervously.

"Sure, what is it?" He replied.

"Will you still be here when I wake up?" You faintly said, scared off the outcome.

"Yeah....I'll be here." And with that you fell asleep.

The next day you woke up and he kept his promise.