Chapter 3

I was at the principal’s office waiting for the new students. The principal already gave me their bio. There will be one boy and one girl. One country boy and one city girl; Josh Bells an Kristine Andrews.

                “Are you ready Ms. Montrain?” the principal asked me.

                “Yes ma’am,” I answered politely.

                “Don’t forget to show them the famous statues,” she said winking at me.

                The famous statues. Statues of old and present principal here in Swift. The current principal’s statue was already there. She was so proud of it. “I will ma’am,” that’s all I said.

                There was a knocked on the door and the principal’s secretary poked her head. “Ma’am., the new students are here.”

                “Bring them in,” the principal ordered.

                I waited for them to come in. Then first came in a girl with long wavy blonde hair with tiny freckles on her cheeks, so red lips, green eyes and wearing a very short skirt. She was beautiful but had so much makeup on her face. Then a guy came in second with short black hair, light brown eyes, full pink lips and just wearing polo and jeans. He’s cute. But Damian was way cuter than him.

                When the guy saw me, he smiled. I smiled back shyly.

                “Welcome to Swift High School!” the principal beamed. “I know you’ll like it here and you will learn many new things. Our students here, Ms. Chelsea Montrain will give you a tour in our school. Hope you’ll have a great day.”

                I stood up and asked them to follow me. As we continue to walk outside, many students looked at our direction.

                I toured them to each building, the canteen, the gymnasium, library, auditorium and many more. And don’t forget the famous statues but we just passed that one.

                “Ooh! You have a fountain!” Kristine, the new girl exclaimed.

                “Yes,” I said.

                This new girl was commenting on everything. Everything especially the guys. I don’t know if this is a school tour or a boy’s tour. She asked me the boy’s name every time she saw one.

                “Chelsea!”

                I recognized Damian’s voice. I looked and saw him holding a ball. Damian was a member of the basketball varsity team. He waved and I waved back. I mouthed ‘later’ to him.

                I saw Kristine and Josh, the new boy looking at him then at me. But the way Kristine looked at Damian is not something I want to see. I’m glad she didn’t ask his name.

                The tour ended and I left them in the principal’s office. Damian was waiting for me outside. “So, how’s the tour?” he asked me.

                “It’s okay, I guess.” I said.

                “Something bothering you?” he asked me.

                “No. I’m just tired,” I answered him. I will not tell him that the new girl got an eye on him.

                “Want to go have some soda and maybe a burger at Limber’s?” he asked.

                “Sure,” I smiled.

                Then the principal’s office door opened and the two new students came out. Kristine and Josh looked at us. Josh smiled then walked passed us. Kristine was eyeing Damian while she walked.

                “That guy was handsome. He even smiled at you,” Damian said when Kristine passed us already.

                “And that girl was beautiful and she’s not taking her eyes off you even when she walked,” I said.

                Damian looked at me. “Jealous?” he teased.

                “A little bit. You?” I asked.

                “Yes,” he admitted.

                I looked at him then he looked back. “Let’s go eat,” I said. My heart was pounding so fast. Every time Damian looked at me like that my heart was going nuts. But I love the feeling of it.