Chapter 4

Demi was waiting for me at the school gate that morning. “I didn’t saw you yesterday. I haven’t asked what happened,” she said.

                “Well, Damian waited for me after then we ate. The tour was fine,” I said.

                “The students here were talking about the new students. So, are they nice or what?” she asked.

                We went to our locker to grab our books. “I don’t know. They look nice,” I said.

                “I heard that the new girl is bitchy. She’s a city girl and wants every guy on this school,” Demi said.

                “Where did you get that gossip?” I asked her.

                “The students were talking about it,” she replied.

                “She wears so much makeup and wears so short skirt, but it doesn’t mean that she’s bitchy,” I said. “But she got her eyes on my Damian,” I mumbled.

                “What did you say?” Demi asked smiling.

                “Nothing,” I said looking at her. “Just talking to myself.”

                “You said something about Damian,” she said grinning.

                “Wow! You have great hearing,” I said.

                “So, this new girl looked at Damian,” she asked me.

                “Not looking, she’s eyeing him. She can’t take her eyes off him,” I grunted.

                “Ooh! Someone’s jealous,” Demi teased.

                “No, I’m not,” I said. I know Damian likes me; I don’t have to be jealous.

                “If you say so,” she said smiling teasingly. “I heard the new guy is so cute!”

                “Yeah, he’s cute,” I admitted.

                “Cuter than Damian?” Demi asked.

                I looked at her then smiled, “No.” We both laughed. The bell rang and I told her that I would be late for my English class so we both say goodbye to each other.

                English class, the only class Damian and I weren’t classmates. I sat at my usual chair beside Mandy. “Hi,” I greeted when I sat down.

                “Hi,” she greeted back. “Thank you again for doing my job.”

                “Your welcome,” I said. “And thank you again for the new sandals.” We both smiled. We waited for our teacher and when he came in, he was not alone. Josh Bells the new students was with him.

                “Class, let me introduce to you Josh Bells. He’s a new student here in Swift.” Our teacher announced. “Just sit to an empty chair Mr. Bells.”

                But the only empty chair was the chair beside mine. He saw me then smiled. “Hi!” he greeted.

                “Hi!” I greeted back.

                The class ended and Josh came up to me. “Hi again! I haven’t introduced myself to you. I’m Josh Bells,” he said taking out his hand to mine.

                “Chelsea Montrain,” I said taking his hand and shaking it. “And this is my friend Mandy Grahm.”

                “Hi!” Mandy greeted.

                “Hi!” he greeted Mandy back. “Thanks for the tour yesterday,” he said to me. “Well, I’m late for my next class. See you around. Bye.”

                                “Bye,” I said.

                                We waited for him to reach the door then we went out. “Wow! He’s really cute, I’m really stupid. I should have toured him yesterday,” Mandy protested.

                I laughed. “Well you haven’t because you’re busy,” I reminded her.

                “Yeah! Stupid council work,” she said laughing.

                After class, Damian waited for me outside the classroom. He smiled when he saw me. I really can’t stop staring at him when he smiles.

                “Want to go to the mall?” he invited.

                “Why?” I asked back.

                “Well, I’m thinking that we’ll try the new bowling centre. You’ll have fun, I promise,” he said smiling broadly.

                “Sure,” I agreed smiling back.

                We went to the mall and tried the bowling centre. We really had fun playing.

                “Wow! Strike!” I said to him.

                “Your turn,” he said.

                I played the next round, I hit 8 pins and spare it. Then next –

                “Strike!” I said. I looked at him and his hand was in a thumb sign. I smiled.

                “Top that,” I bragged. We both laughed while playing. Being with Damian was the best feeling ever. I love being with him. I’m comfortable and I feel safe when I’m with him. I don’t want this to end.

                After playing we ate and went home. “That was fun!” I said.

                “Yeah,” he said. “I just love being with you.”

                I looked at him and said, “Me too.”

                You know, right now, I really want to ask Damian what our relationship status really was. We are dating and all. We know we like each other. Why don’t we make it official, right? “Da – “ I started but the car stopped and we are already at my house.

                “See you tomorrow Chelsea,” he said.

                “See you,” I waved him goodbye.

                Maybe tomorrow I’ll asked him. As long as I remembered to ask him.