Chapter Nine

"You give me something that makes me scared alright. This could be nothing but I'm willing to give it a try... "~You Give Me Something, by James Morrison 

CHAPTER NINE

Andray quietly watched as Vesper baked. She's now wearing a black tank top and a pair of gray sweatpants. Her hair was in a messy bun, lose tendrils framing her face. Her head suddenly shot up to him, her blue-eyed gaze never failing to captivate him. An idea came to his mind and he decided to act on it. He dipped a finger into the cookie dough, put his finger in his mouth, and sucked on it, releasing it with a pop.

"Stop doing that," Vesper warned. She just can't focus on her baking especially with Andray sitting across the kitchen counter, licking his lips. The sight of it was enough to cause desire to swirl in her belly. She mentally scolded herself for her wanton ways and continued her work.

"Doing what?" he questioned too-innocently. He dipped another finger into the dough and made a show of slowly licking it away. Vesper groaned in frustration and grabbed the bowl of dough away from Andray. He helped her a while ago by mixing the ingredients. Andray only chuckled. He could clearly see that she's being unnerved by his constant seducing.

"Ugh, get out of my kitchen! Go to the living room and watch TV or something." She knew that she'll probably give in to his advances and that they'll probably end up fvcking on top of the kitchen counter if he didn't disappear from her sight. Thankfully, Andray obliged, but only after he nibbled the shell of her earlobe. Her resolve almost melted had she not heard the oven go off.

There are more than a hundred cookies and she'll be keeping a few for herself before giving the rest to the orphanage. After surviving a sexual-tension filled lunch with Andray, she told him to go home for a while so he could feed Ellie. It's already 1 o'clock and he will come back at 3 pm to pick her up and then drive to the orphanage.

After resting for a while, Vesper showered and put on a blue floral sundress. On her feet was a pair of white flats, and a white satchel bag completed her look. Her hair was in a French braid. Andray came knocking and she went out of the door before locking it. She gave directions as he drove, and they arrived in front of the orphanage after playfully bickering throughout the drive.

Vesper stepped out of the car and the kids who saw her stopped their playing and quickly ran towards her. Andray saw that the kids obviously loved Vesper. He counted about twenty kids around her, all of them seemed to be younger than 13. She crouched down, a huge smile plastered on her face, and the kids engulfed her in a large group hug. He slowly walked towards Vesper. Some of the kids noticed him and looked up at him, his staggering presence seeming to baffle them.

"Uhm, good day, Mister," a little boy said, craning his head upwards to look at Andray's face.

He flashed the boy a wide smile and replied, "Hello, good day to you, too."

"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce you," Vesper said to him. She turned her attention back to the kids and said aloud, "Kids, this is Andray and he's my... friend." A chorus of greetings came from the kids and Andray cheerfully responded.

"Is he your boyfriend?" a small voice belonging to a little girl said.

Vesper's face heat up.

"Katie! What are you saying to Vesper?" a voice boomed from behind. Vesper turned around and saw Sister Magda walking towards them. Sister Magda runs the orphanage along with two more nuns and some helpers.

"Sister Magda!" Vesper hugged the woman and motioned for Andray to stand beside her. He approached them and held his hand out to the nun.

"Good day, ma'am. My name's Andray. I'm Vesper's uh, friend." With benefits, though. He dismissed the thought immediately. He really shouldn't be thinking about stuff like that surrounded by children and facing a nun. Sister Magda shook his hand and smiled at him.