Chapter Twelve

"And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small. Though I try to resist, I still want it all." ~Fools, by Troye Sivan

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Your sister?" Vesper exclaimed. Her eyes flew open and she was met with the sight of Andray peering down at her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, she's outside the door," Andray replied. The pounding on the door started again. "And getting very impatient, too," he added.

"What should I do?" she asked.

"Get dressed so you could meet her." Andray cupped her face and pecked her lips.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet!" she protested.

"Do I look like I give a fvck?" he teased and then walked to his closet and grabbed a shirt.

"But I only have my trench coat."

"I wonder why?" He tapped on his chin, mimicking someone who's deep in thought. He chuckled when he saw Vesper pouting. "Grab anything from my closet, you minx." He went out to open the front door to stop his sister from pounding on it.

Vesper stood up and closed the door as she stripped off of Andray's shirt. She continued to the bathroom and washed her face and then wiped herself with a wet washcloth before brushing her teeth. She groaned at the sight of another hickey on her skin. She grabbed her bra from the floor and put it on. She stared at her panties and decided to just grab something from Andray's closet. She never liked wearing unclean underwear anyway. She grabbed a pair of striped boxers and a white button-down shirt. She can already hear the voices of Andray and his sister outside the door. After tying her hair up in a ponytail and glancing at the mirror, she decided that she's already presentable and went out of the bedroom.

Jenna Walsh was definitely not the same pigtailed girl from the photographs in Laine's home. She's an inch taller than Vesper and has a slim build. Her straight ash-blonde hair was slicked back into a high ponytail, accentuating her sharp cheekbones. She's wearing a pair of gray leggings and a turquoise tank top underneath a white jacket. Jenna's hazel eyes surveyed Vesper from head to foot.

"Jenna, this is—" Andray began, but Jenna cut him off.

"And you are?" Jenna asked Vesper, her tone cold.

"Oh, hi, I'm Vesper." She stuck her hand out but Jenna just looked at it.

Sneering, Jenna said, "I thought you're going to say 'Sleeping with your brother'." Vesper gasped, her face heating up.

"Jenna!" Andray barked.

Vesper was shocked at the rudeness but she won't back down. "Yes, and that too. I was just getting to that part but you beat me to it." She smiled sweetly at Jenna.

Jenna's sneer fell and Vesper had to bite her lip to keep herself from grinning.

"Oh, sorry, is that too much information?" Vesper said in a mocking tone. She was confused when Jenna's face broke into a wide grin, and was shocked when Jenna lunged at her and engulfed her in a tight hug. "Ow!" she yelped in surprise.

"Oh my God, you're spunky! I like you already!" Jenna squealed into Vesper's ear.

"What the fvck?" Andray said.

Vesper successfully extracted herself from Jenna's hug and held the younger girl at an arm's length.

"Thank God my brother finally decided to get a girlfriend. I was wondering because I noticed that something is different with him when I saw him today. He seemed alive, you know? Not like the robot he has been for these past few years. Now I know it's because of you. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Jenna grabbed her by the shoulders and engulfed her in a tight hug once more.