Chapter Eighteen

¥~Olive~¥

I know skipping college classes just wastes your precious tuition money away, but at this moment in time, I honestly don't care.

I'd gotten a text message from Oracle - which is extremely rare, so I know that whatever she wants must be important - telling me to meet her in the campus library. I don't exactly know why she wants to talk to me, but something inside me hopes that it might clear up some of the confusion I've had these past few days...

I take a sharp left and stride briskly down the hall, taking a quick look around the corridor before slipping through the library's double doors. The reading center is absolutely silent, save for the occasional cough, scan, and page turn that would ring across the quiet walls. Taking an uneasy glance around, I step further into the room and search for Oracle's rendezvous point.

After some searching, I manage to spot the familiar raven-haired psychic standing amongst the Mystery section, back turned to examine a shelf against the wall. I slow to a stop behind her, and I notice that I'm a bit nervous for some reason...

"You little rebel," Oracle chuckles, and I nearly flinch in surprise when I realize she knew I was here all along, "I thought you weren't one to skip class, Olivine."

I pout and cross my arms. "You know I just go by Olive. And how did you know I was here?"

The ravenette turns around, her vibrant purple eyes glaring holes through me. I mentally gulp in intimidation - I'm not entirely sure why I did so, because Oracle's a nice person; something about her gaze just throws me off, though...

"No time to linger on that," she says. Even her tone is sharp and aggressive... "I have something to tell you. It's about Nathan."

My brow furrows in confusion. "Wait, Nathan? Do you mean Nate?"

Ora's eyes widen for a moment, her mouth slightly agape. She only stays like that for a split-second before she sighs, closing her eyes and chuckling disappointedly. "You really don't know, then, do you?"

I shake my head, unsure if "no" is the correct answer.

"There's more to Nate than you think, Olivine." - A pang of irritation surges through me as Oracle calls me by my full name. I hold back a glare as she sits down on one of the reading chairs - "I see the way you look at him. That recognition - that sense of déjà vu - it's there for a reason."

I take a seat as well, eyes questioningly locked onto Ora. I don't even try to ask how she knows I recognize Nate somehow; there's more secrets to her than there are in the freaking government.

Ora doesn't hesitate to continue. "Since you're still here in the library, I want you to go to one of the computers and get onto YouTube." - YouTube. This is connecting back to her conversation with Nate in the parking lot, isn't it? - "Look up 'Nate Smith' and tell me what you find."

The ravenette then gets up from her seat and begins walking off. "Everything will be clear soon," she says, turning to look at me with a confident smirk, "Oh, and you should stop listening in to conversations you're not supposed to be a part of; I saw you peeking out of Leo's car window." With that, Oracle gives me a sarcastic wink, then slips past the shelf and leaves me with a surprised, gaping mouth.

"Of course she knew I was there..." I grumble annoyedly, getting up from the chair and heading towards the computers in the center of the library. As I take a seat in front of the first vacant one I find, however, I begin to feel the same nervous and uneasy feeling I had while I first started talking to Oracle. What does she want me to see...?

I take in a shaky breath and pull up YouTube, clicking on the Search Bar and typing in "Nate Smith," just as Ora instructed me to do. It's time to get to the bottom of this...