VIII

"Commitment is an act, not a word."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

I had sweated when I trained with Finnick but luckily this material got dried soon after that. My arms are still a bit shaky and I am extremely tired. I haven't had lunch and I am pretty hungry, my stomach keeps growling every now and then.

Finally it is time for us to go, once back into my room I change into my pyjamas without showering because I know I am going to sweat again. I literally run to the dining room and serve myself as much as possible after I've changed.

It is probably the first time I am eating like a pig. I usually keep my intake normal and sometimes even smaller than I should but now I am eating everything in sight. I feel my stomach starting to bloat and I regret it immediately. I ask for some pills to relieve the pain and the bloat, Enebry gives me some and I take them quickly, they work in ten or fifteen minutes.

Then I go back to my room and lie down on my bed. I wait anxiously for the clock to read 9:55. Enebry sees me walking out but doesn't question me, I am only in my pyjamas so she probably thinks I only need some air. Wait – my pyjamas? I curse in my head but don't go back to change, I don't have time for that.

I turn on the lights of the gymnasium and wait only a minute for Finnick. He sees me, and as soon as his eyes land on me, he smirks. I try to ignore the fact that I am wearing shorts and that he is looking at my legs, my really pale legs compared to his tanned tone of skin.

"If you are trying to distract me," He stops in mid-sentence, looking at me from feet to head. "It won't work."

"Shut up." I say smirking, trying to hide my embarrassment. "It won't happen again so you better enjoy the view while you can."

Enjoy the view while you can? I want to slap myself so hard right now for that stupid remark. Without make-up, my flushed cheeks are more than obvious to him. My lame attempt at flirting as he naturally does, fails drastically, he only smirks at me.

"Ooh, we are a bit... fierce tonight." He says stepping closer to me. "I like that."

"Let's better get to work." I say grabbing a sword. "Don't you think?"

"As you wish." He says, putting a hand around the sword and pulling it out of my hands. "But we won't use a sword tonight."

"Then what?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" I ask confused.

Finnick smirks one more time before throwing himself at me, sending us both to the ground. He pins my arms above my head, gripping them tightly with only one of his hands, and the other is firmly on my neck. I panic and try to scream but I can't.

His charming blue-green eyes show no intention of hurting me but I am really petrified and scared. All the colour has probably drained from my face. He smirks again at me, showing his dimple.

"Let's say you were running away from a tribute, but he caught up with you and tackled you to the ground, now you are lying defenceless on the ground. What would you do?"

I say nothing, instead I try to move my hands but he's too strong. Then I kick with all my might but that doesn't work either.

"That's what I thought." He says, not moving an inch, he stays right on top of me, with most of his body weight on me, crushing me a bit, making it hard to breathe.

I look at his eyes and a stupid thought crosses my mind. Kiss him. If I kiss him he would be distracted and I would have the chance to push him off of me and I would position myself on top of him then, which wouldn't help me at all, because he is so strong so he would pin me back to the ground in no time but if I run I could escape, but the problem is that I'd never kiss him.