Part Three: Home

When we got to the house, everything looked like it usually did. Rin, Len, and Miku were playing video games on the floor. Meiko was passed out drunk on the sofa, and Luka was cooking lunch. Luka did all of the work around here. She looked up from what she was doing and cheerfully greeted us. "How was practice today? Was Mr. Hiroyuki yelling at you again?"
     "You know it," I answered. Kaito nodded in agreement. "But he did, kind of, praise us." Luka smiled, and then looked back at what she was cooking.
     "Hey, Miku! Let's team up on Len!"
     "Yeah!"
     "What?!" It was so cute watching the three of them play together. They shouted at each other, but it was still cute.
     "Kaito's playing with us!" Miku announced, grabbing his leg.
     "I-I am?" He looked at Miku's eager face shyly. She pulled his leg towards her, causing him to trip over her. Kaito, Miku, and the Kagamines were laying on the floor in a big heap. Miku looked at the ground and muttered, "Oops." I giggled at them while they struggled to untangle themselves. I gave Kaito a hand up. He thanked me with a huge grin, and I couldn't help but smile back.
     I watched the four of them play together, laughing and yelling and having fun. I became slightly nostalgic as I remembered the old days. Kaito and I would spend hours playing together. My thoughts were interrupted by Luka's voice. "Lunch is ready!" The Kagamines instantly dropped their controllers and bolted to the table. Miku followed a little slower, and Meiko was still unconscious. Kaito took my hand. We both blushed as we walked over to the table together. He pulled out a chair for me, and I sat down.
     I'd had a crush on Kaito for the longest time. He was always such a gentleman. He'd done a lot for me when we were little. He kicked the butts of kids that were bullying me, caught me when I fell off of a tree, and more than all, stayed beside me when I really needed him. I realized I was staring, and immediately looked at my plate in embarrassment. Luka had made us sushi. I picked up a piece and took a bite. "Mm, this good!" Everyone nodded, mouths full.
     After lunch, Luka began cleaning up. Kaito said, "(Y/N), I want to hang out with you." I was taken off guard by his sudden request.
     "S-sure," I replied. He lead me to his room. When we got inside, he shut the door and said, "Please, have a seat," as he sat on his bed. Shyly, I joined him.
     He looked me straight in the eyes, and I couldn't look away. "There's been something I've wanted to ask you for a long time."

     Sorry to have gotten lazy. I couldn't get a drop of inspiration. And I know, I'm evil for leaving you on two cliffhangers in a row. I promise I'll give you the next chapter sooner this time. Thanks for reading! -KasaiKessho