Part Five: Ropes

When I read the letter, the words were written hurriedly in the same ink that that envelope was signed in. But it took me a moment to truly understand the words before my eyes.
     Dear (Y/N),
     I'm sorry to have upset you yesterday when I tried to make time only for us. Even though we've lived together since you were three and your parents died... We haven't had time for each other in a long time. I probably won't be seeing you for a while, but please think of me.
-Kaito
     I couldn't comprehend Kaito's letter. Did Kaito run off? As soon as the thought crossed my mind, I forced my wobbly legs to run as fast as humanly possible.
     When I got to Kaito's room, I tried to open the door, but it was locked. Tears flooded my eyes. I wonder if this is my fault? Doing the only thing I could think of, I shouted, "KAITO, WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!! ANSWER ME, KAITO!!" But there was no response from the other side of the door. I sank to my knees, looking upon the ground. I was a scared, worried, upset mess of a person. Softly, I whispered, "Kaito... I'm worried about you. Please tell me what's going on..." Nothing.
     I did, however, manage to wake the whole house up. I didn't notice them crowding around me. They all looked just as worried as I did.
     Lips trembling, I squeaked out the only thing I could. "Kaito... Won't... Answer... Me..."
Take a deep breath, I thought, you'll be able to speak then.
     I explained the situation to everyone else. We'd gathered around the kitchen table, thinking of ideas.
     "He could still be in the house," Rin suggested.
     "Yeah," Len added. "We all know he's a deep sleeper."
     "I don't think ANYONE could sleep through that." Miku glared at me.
     "I suppose it's still possible that Kaito is in the house. What if he locked himself in? Luka, you have a key to that room, right?" Meiko asked.
     "I do," Luka confirmed. "But if anyone goes into the room, I think (Y/N) should go alone. (Y/N) knows Kaito better than any one of us, and if he's upset, she'll be able to calm him down for sure." With that, she retrieved the key and handed it up me. I took it, and the door opened with a click.
     On the floor, Kaito's belongings were scattered everywhere. Some things were broken, posters were torn, and clothes were on a pile on the floor. My eyes darted immediately to broken glass shining in the sunlight. I picked up the picture frame it was from and saw a picture of Kaito and I when we were five. I clutched the picture to my chest.
     "Kaito? Please, if you're here, come out." I heard a small noise and turned to the closet. The door was open slightly, and I could see one of Kaito's eyes. But they were not cheerful like normal. He looked terrified.
     "(Y/N)?" His voice was soft and weak. I almost fell over trying to get to the closet. When I opened it up, I saw something I never thought I'd see.
     Kaito's hands were tied behind his back and his legs were tied together. He was naked, and I could see a piece of fabric that they must have used to keep him from screaming. My eyes widened and I broke into a cold sweat.
     "Kaito?! Wh-what happened to you?!"
     He looked down. "They made me write the letter. Then they held me down, took off my clothes, tied me up, and took more pictures. I-I can't..."
     I told Kaito to wait as I got a knife from the kitchen. Carefully, I cut the ropes. Kaito stretched out onto the floor, aching both physically and emotionally. He got dressed quickly. Then, he looked at me. "The pictures have been posted online, and I've been bullied and getting death threats... I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you sooner, but I just couldn't figure out how to tell you."
     "It's okay."
     "(Y/N)?"
     "Yes, Kaito?"
     "I... I love you."

     Aww, how sweet. And why is it always Kaito? Haha, just kidding. Sorry I updated this late/early, inspiration doesn't have a schedule, I guess... Anyway, thank you for reading part 5!
Yours truly,
KasaiKessho