Lauryn C.'s Story :

This is my story...I am [under 18] years old and pregnant with my boyfriend's baby.I went to his house one evening telling my parents (who had no idea I had a boyfriend) that I was round a friend's house. My boyfriend spiked my coke and I didn't suspect a thing when I woke up fully dressed on his sofa. It was only when I started getting pregnancy symptoms that I realised, and took three tests, all clearly positive. I told my two best friends who really supported me, then eventually went to a teacher at my school, who referred my friend and myself to a teacher with more authority. When I was asked if I was pregnant, I lied saying I thought I may be imagining things, and the teachers haven't asked me since. I'm now 2-and-a-half months pregnant and a bump is starting to show, I am constantly getting back pains and cramps in my stomach. When I told my boyfriend he said he never wanted to see me again. I was really scared, but eventually I figured that I had to tell someone who could help and give me advise. The counsellor who is helping is giving me all the different options, but I know in my heart that I have already made up my mind; I will not have an abortion. After all, this baby has done nothing wrong, and I believe that this is what God wanted or it wouldn't have happened. At first I felt very alone, too scared to tell anyone, but I see now that I needed this support. By telling you this, I want to send out the message that, should you be in a similar situation, you are not alone, there is a lot of help out there for you. I told a responsible adult, rather than trying to tackle an unwanted teenage pregnancy on my own. This will change my life, but everything happens for a reason. I hope you learn from or are inspired by my story, and know that no matter what happens, there is always a way to get through it.

- L.C 💛