A Thousand Words- Chapter Five

Chapter Five-

Kickboxing Kindergartners

The week went by fast and I didn't get more than two detentions. Katie and Sarah – Farrah's little sister – weren't fighting like they used to but they still weren't nice or friendly to each other.

Mr. Scott came back to tell us that he would be retiring in a week and that his replacement would be none other than Mr. Massey.

Fun.

So that meant that I had not one, but two classes with him. For some reason he seemed to think it was fun to pick on me and humiliate me in front of everyone.

Especially in art class. We had to paint fruit and mine looked like blobs of mixed ugly paint. He put mine on display in his class room along with a really good one that Vanessa drew.

I haven't sung since the day he made me and I was grateful for it, even though they told me I was good and couldn't believe I’ve never sang before.

Their comments just made me blush a bit.

It was now Tuesday and I was sitting in Homeroom reading over the assignment we recently got for Music.

Yep, that's right, Music assignment.

Music was supposed to be an easy class where you didn't have to do anything and then Mr. Massey came along and changed it all.

We had to pick a partner to do a duet with and then sing in front of the whole class, the song had to be from the 2000's.

It also couldn't be a rap song or have any cursing in it. So his assignment was kind of hard. By the time I was done looking over the papers class was over and I decided to locate a partner for the song.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't sing, but it was mandatory and I couldn't afford to fail this early in the year.

I ran into Danny, a guy in my Music class who sang pretty good.

“Hey Danny could I talk to you for a second?” I asked him walking toward my Social studies class.

“Sure, wassup?” he looked over to me.

“You know that assignment Mr. Massey gave us?” he nodded his head and I continued. “Well, I was thinking we could pair up for it.” I stopped walking and turned to him, hoping for him to say yes.

“Sure, we can start working on it after school, tomorrow. Meet me by the Music room, see ya later Audrey.”

“Kay, See ya Danny.” he turned and walked into his classroom. I must not have realized we started walking again since I went all the way down the wrong hallway and the bell was about to ring.

I turned around and started running down the hallway.

I bumped into someone and fell on my back.

I let out a little startled sound as I fell. I quickly sat up and looked over to see who I ran into.

Just then I saw him climb to his feet.

“Mr. Massey I’m so sorry I ran into you, again.” I stood up quickly and almost fall over. Mr. Massey cought me before I fell.

I put my hand on the back of my head and let out a hiss when the pressure I applied made it throb painfully. I looked around the floor and saw sheets of Music paper and some papers about the up-coming Art-show.

I bent down to pick them up, and ended up regretting it when my vision blured. I quickly blinked it away and started to pick up the papers I knocked over. I handed them up to him and stayed sitting down.