A Thousand Words- Chapter Nine

Hey guys, you know the drill! Vote, Comment, Fan!

---------- ---------------------- ---------------------- - ----------------------------- ------------------ - ---------------

Chapter Nine-

Zombie

“Katie! Emily!” I yell at the top of my lungs while running down the stairs after them. They giggled and turned the corner sharply to run into the living room. I tried to do the same and ended up falling on my butt. I couldn't wait till my mom got back from her business trip and I hoped it was soon.

 I was really missing the days when I didn't have to babysit her constantly or chase her around the house so much.

 I lied on the ground on my back with my eyes closed for a second. I heard the sound of little footsteps approaching me so I stayed still, thinking of a good plan. “Dree- Dree are you dead?” I heard Katie ask poking my face. I resisted the urge to laugh or smile and lied motionless.

 “Emily I think we killed my sister! What are we going to do?” I can just imagine her turning to look at Emily with wide eyes. “My moms going to be mad at me, and I’ll be left all alonely!”

I make a zombie noise and open my eyes wide and look at Katie.

 “Boo!” I yell at her. She screams and jumps up from the floor. I start laughing once I get a look at her face. I sit up and she smacks the back of my head.

“That's not funny!” she cries at the top of her lungs, her face beat red from embarrassment.

 “It wasn't funny when you guys where playing dress up with my things in my room even though I told you guys not to go in there but I didn't hit you!” I yell back to her.

“You were going to!” she challenges “No, I was going to yell at you!” I stand up and brush all the dust off my backside and shake out my hair.

“Emily, I think it's time for you to go home because we still haven't had dinner yet, you can come over tomorrow or maybe Katie could stay the night at your house.” they both smile excitedly at me and I hold up my finger to stop them.

“Emily, you have to ask your mom and dad first though.” She nods and walks to get her stuff together. I follow her and walk her to her house. I walk into the house and see Katie watching TV so I walk over into the kitchen and make super.

 I just made a quick thing of Ramen Noodles. I ate quickly and soon after Katie was done. I put her to bed and thankfully it was easy and peaceful.

 I fell asleep quickly and for that I was thankful since it was almost almost 11 o'clock.

 *~*~*~*~*

The morning went by okay. Katie got ready easy and Mr. Massey picked us up on time.

This time I didn't embarrass myself by singing like a fool in front of him. I was glad everything was back to normal between us because I don't think I could handle him being mad at me for skipping class.

 Blake was half asleep when we got to his apartment, like usual.

Morning classes went good and luckily Mrs. Hairman wasn't acting as crazy and out of her mind as usual.

Which isn't a bad thing.

It was now time for gym class, Ms. Greer was absent so we had a substitute teacher. It was a guy so we didn't have to change or participate. Me, Sammie, and Vanessa where sitting down on the floor talking.

“So I was thinking that since we haven't seen each other for a while that we could all sleep over at my house tonight.”

I tell them while stretching my arms above my head and letting out a small yawn.