1

It was a normal evening for Ivory Esmond. Her monotonous life was the same old tape on replay. And just like any other day after work, she was more than ready to flop onto her bed and watch late-night reruns of Friends.

So she stood patiently at the bus stop, tapping her foot while waiting for the large vehicle to come along and drop her off to her blissful home. The evening sky was cloudy and misty, in the busy streets of London. The cool breeze swept Ivory's long, brown hair back and made her shudder every so often.

She kept her gaze skillfully trained ahead of her, staring at nothing in particular. But out of her peripheral vision, she saw a pair of eyes which were staring at her. They seemed to peering at her so deeply that Ivory felt like the eyes were discovering her secrets. That made Ivory the slightest bit uncomfortable.

At first, Ivory ignored the rude staring. Perhaps if she didn't acknowledge the person, the gazing would stop. A few moments later,Ivory decided to do the complete opposite. She glanced at the stranger, hoping that the person would shy away from her acknowledgement. Unfortunately, the strong gazing continued.

Through the dark sunglasses that were perched on the bridge of his nose, Ivory could feel his eyes boring into her. He stared at her with an aimless expression.

With a subconscious scowl, Ivory couldn't help but ask, "Why are you staring at me?"

The stranger maintained his gaze, yet he let a small smile play on his pink lips. Without wasting another second, he rebutted, "I was staring?"

Ivory rolled her eyes at the creepy stranger and spoke, "Yes, you were."

"Well, in that case, you must be rather beautiful." He stated his words as if they were a fact.

Ivory would've smiled at that phrase but she was far too annoyed with his earlier actions. She tucked her hands into the pockets of her coat and replied, "You must be blind."

The man let out an attractive laugh and spoke, "How did you know?"

Ivory sucked in a sharp breath and almost didn't believe him. He had to be pulling her leg. "If you're blind, how do you know I am a girl?" She questioned him curiously, while noticing his deeply carved dimples. There was a shadow in the small indent making him look rather adorable. His smile was charming.

"Well, I'm only blind. I'm not deaf, darling." He spoke with humour lacing his tone, making Ivory roll her eyes. "You sound like a girl."

"How did you know that I was standing here?" She asked, in response.

"I smelt your perfume." The young boy spoke. "It smells rather pleasant."

He looked like he was in his early twenties. His curly and messy hair suited his tall figure. His body was lanky and she noticed how he leaned towards one side more than the other. The lopsided grin on his face added to his charm and chocolatey smooth voice. Ivory noticed the cane in his right hand, that was decorated with doodles of small tattoos. She realized that he wasn't joking.

"Thanks," Ivory mumbled as the bus arrived at the bus stop. The guilt settled itself into the pit of her stomach.

The stranger didn't get on the bus, claiming that he had to catch the next one. Ivory said goodbye to him and got onto the bus. Once the vehicle started moving, the only person that Ivory could think about was the blinded-stranger.