2

The next morning, Ivory rolled out of bed and took her daily pills. Her pills were the reason that the leukemia stayed away. When she was fifteen, a sudden cardiac arrest had gotten her in the hospital. The leukemia had spread viciously and immediate treatment was needed to get rid of the disease. At the age of eighteen, Ivory felt blessed to find out that the leukemia had completely left her body, but she was prescribed the pills. Hence, she took pills every day to remain healthy.

Ivory felt happy today, so she decided to go pay a visit to the café around the corner, for breakfast. She brushed her teeth and tied up her dark hair. After grabbing her warm coat and her wallet, she left her apartment complex.

The wind was refreshing against her tan skin and Ivory sucked in a deep breath of the crisp London air, enjoying the smell of nature. Her feet padded against the cement as she strode through the crowded footpath, easily squishing and weaving her way through the hectic morning crowd. The city seemed so lively on such a gloomy morning.

Ivory stepped inside the warm café. The sweet smell of pastries welcomed her in a hug and a smile made its way onto Ivory's face. Comforting jazz music played in the background, along with the buzzing of chatter. She walked up to the front, since there was no line-up.

"Ivory, honey, it's been so long since you've dropped by," Anna spoke enthusiastically.

"I know," Ivory replied with a kind smile, "I've been so busy lately, but I am glad to be back."

"I'm glad too. What would you like today?" Anna asked her, mirroring Ivory's smile.

"A Cuban pastry and a small French Vanilla," Ivory stated while reaching for her wallet.

"It's on-the-house," Anna replied while reaching for the pastry, with a pair of tongs.

Ivory had tried her best to deny Anna but she had lost. After thanking Anna multiple times, Ivory took a seat and enjoyed the café delicacy melt in her mouth. She was staring out the window, while thanking God for her day off of work. The ding of the bell, above the door, snapped her out of her trance.

She glanced at the door and he walked in. His cane hit the floor, accompanied by a 'clunk', with every one of his blinded steps. Before Ivory realized what she was doing, she had gotten up to talk to him. She had still been feeling a tad bit guilty so maybe she could fix that by starting talk with the stranger.

"Hey," she spoke while lightly poking his shoulder to gain his attention.

She had found the desire to talk to him, ever since their strange encounter yesterday. He seemed witty and kind, immediately drawing in Ivory.

His head moved towards her direction and she noticed how he was still wearing sunglasses to cover his eyes. There was confusion etched onto his face, as he spoke.

"Hi," he replied, licking his lips afterwards. "Who are you?"

Stupidly, Ivory had forgotten to introduce herself. "I'm the girl from the bus-stop."

"Oh,you're the beautiful girl from yesterday," Harry exclaimed with a smile. "I remember you."

Ivory subconsciously blushed at his words, which were charming and flirtatious at the same time.

The two sat down at Ivory's table after the man had grabbed a pastry for himself too. There was a short silence until the man spoke.

"You know, I still don't know your name." He stated, catching Ivory's attention.

"And I don't know yours either," Ivory retorted with a smile.

The man chuckled and felt around for his pastry. Once he groped the delicacy, he brought it up to his lips and took a bite. Ivory found herself admiring his attractive features. The indented dimples in his cheeks were appealing to the eyes. A strong jawline was prominent and Ivory day-dreamed about beautiful his eyes must be.

"Let me introduce myself," he spoke once he was done chewing. "I'm Harry Styles and it's a pleasure to meet you..." he trailed off, waiting for Ivory to complete his sentence.

"Ivory Esmond," she completed with a grin.

He beamed at her once again and felt around the table. Ivory was confused as to what he was looking for, but she felt butterflies erupt in her tummy once he took her hand in his. Harry pressed a sweet kiss to her knuckles and spoke, "Ivory is a pretty name."

+++

After a few hours of amusing and aimless chattering between the two, Harry decided to invite her over to his house, the next day. They had exchanged numbers to stay in touch. She immediately agreed and that night, Ivory went to bed with a happy heart and all she could think about was her new friend.