Chapter 1

Okay so this is my first Natsu x reader fan fiction ever so hope you enjoy!!!
Hey guys my friend wrote this and gave me the account so just a heads up this is the only story she has written.

You walked into Fairy Tail bored out of your mind. Most of the female wizards for some reason had started going on jobs more frequently, even Cana who you hadn't ever seen leave the bar to do work.

Your only female friends that remained were Mira, Levy, Lucy, and Erza. Wanting to find out what the heck was going on you walked up to Mira.

"Hey Mira."

"Oh hey (y/n)!"

"Do you know where everyone has gone they all seemed to have disappeared?"

Just as Mira was going to answer she stopped as you heard heavy footsteps behind you.

"I wouldn't be asking her, I would have asked a dragon slayer.", Gajeel said turning you around to face him.

"Why would I ask you?", you spat at him.

"Because we are the reason that everyone is gone."

"You killed them!", as you said this you noticed Natsu glaring daggers at Gajeel's head from across the guild.

"No that's not what I meant!", he sighed thumping you on the forehead.

"Owww!!!!"

"Just shut up and let me talk OK!"

"OK!"

"Well since it is spring and you know...well dragon slayers have the same instincts as dragons which have animal instincts and umm...want to mate....", he finished looking like a tomato.

"What!?!?"

"Yeah it doesn't start until tomorrow though so we still have some composure. And if we are mated we act completely normal."

"So does that mean you are mated?"
Gajeel didn't answer but turned bright red.

"Also is that why Natsu has been killing you with looks this whole time?", you asked pointing to your pink haired friend.

"Umm yeah, about that....me and master discussed the topic of Natsu last night and we think he picked you as his mate."

"What me!?!?"

"Yeah."

"Why not Lucy or Erza?"

"We just think it's you and by the way he seems to be being over protective to you lately is a key indication."

"This isn't fair."

Gajeel turned to walk away but stopped to say one more thing.

"Oh yeah, Natsu hasn't had a mate the whole two years of him having these instincts so this year he is bound to be really dangerous so we will make sure to lock him up tomorrow for your safety."

"It can't be that bad."

"You wouldn't be saying that if we didn't lock him up."

And with that Gajeel walked away making you feel like you were about to die.