Chapter Four: Mom & Men

My mother had me when she was 16 years old, but she still managed to keep her studies in tact because she gave me away to her mother until she was 29 years old. She didn't want me to be a distraction in her life. My whole childhood, I was with my grandma, who was my nanny but she died a month after that. At that time, when I was sixteen, my mother was 32.

The only good thing I had in my life was Christopher. After I told him my age, he was really calm and didn't care. He said that all he knows is that he loves me and only me. My mother did not know of me seeing him. Everytime I went out to see him, I would tell my mother I went out to go to the library. I felt so in love with Christopher and with him, it felt so right. The way he held me tight, as if he would never let me go. The way his lips touched mine, like he meant each and everyone of them. It was the night of our 5 month anniversary that went wrong.

We moved out of our old house that we used to live in with dad and moved in to a larger house, just me and mom. Mom was never around, so I would always be out with Christopher. Mom also got a new boyfriend, and I was happy for her but I was also depressed that she wanted to spend all her free time with this new guy of hers than me.They've been seeing each other for about 3 months. Hopefully, they will last as long as Christopher and I.

On the night of our 5 month anniversary, my mother had told me that I couldn't leave the house because she wanted me to meet her new boyfriend. I decided that maybe, it was time to tell my mother about Christopher. I told her that since I was going to meet her special man tonight, I wanted her to meet mine. I texted Christopher, but then I remembered that he said he was going to work tonight since I couldn't meet up with him. He's been working a lot lately. It's either he's spending time with me or he's been working, but I find it so cute! He's only working so that we don't have to struggle for a living in the future. We are planning on having kids and a house and car. This man... he already has me thinking. 

I felt terrible knowing he couldn't make it, but I was dying to meet this guy mom had been spending endless hours with. I was sitting at the dining room table, which was close to the main entrence of the house. I was wearing a black simple dress with my hair out. I heard the doorbell ring, and my mom ran to the door to answer it. I couldn't see the man cause right after he opened the door, they kissed. He had roses in his hand, seemed like a gentleman. Then, he leaned my mother to the wall. I found it very disturbing, considering it was MY MOTHER. I just gave them their moment because my mother hasn't been this happy for a long time. I heard my mother giggle as she pulled her lips away.

"Oh, I want you to meet my daughter, Elizabeth" mother said.

My eyes were wide open and I had a straight face on immediately after I saw who the stranger was. Christopher.