Chapter 6: Tears & Trust

"She what?" Mom asked in disbelief. 

"Babe, I know she's your daughter and I don't want to upset you, but I think she's out of control!" I didn't know what to think. What does a person do in a situation like this? All these months of pure love turned out to be pure lust. I saw him as a completely different person. It was crazy to think how your perception of someone can change just like that, in a matter of seconds. He went from being my everything to being a stranger.

I was staring at him right in front of me and something felt off. He wasn't the man I fell in love with anymore. 

"Mom, I promise you nothing was happening," I cried in worry. 

She looked at us both in confusion. 

"Chris, what was going on here? I want the truth." Mom barked at him commandingly. 

"I came up here after we were done with dinner so I can take a tour of the house and she told me to come check out her room, which is what I was doing until she planted one on me." He turns towards me and says, "Listen, Elizabeth, I don't know if you misunderstood something I did and took it the wrong way, but I'm in love with you're mother, okay? Besides, I think you should find a nice boy your own age." 

I let out a sigh in disbelief. 

"Mom, can I please talk to you alone?" I asked desperately. She gives me a look of confirmation as she shooed Chris away and closed the door behind him.

"Okay, let me explain everything before you get mad and upset." I start saying while pacing in the room. 

"Look, honey, I'm not mad. Just explain why you kissed him." It's now or never. I decided I was going to tell her the truth. 

"I didn't kiss him Mom, he kissed me. We've been together for five months, today actually. It's our anniversary. I'm in love with him and he's in love with me."

"What the hell do you mean you've been together for five months? Elizabeth, you're 16! Where did you even meet him?"

"I met him outside a club five months ago and I was too drunk to drive home so he drove me and took care of me. Sixteen is just a number Mom, when I'm with him he makes me feel like an adult. He doesn't see me as a child. He sees me as more. He's turned me into a woman."

My mother takes her phone out without saying a single word to me. I saw clouds of tears forming in her eyes. 

"What are you doing?" I asked as she continues to dial. She stays silent and waits for the person on the receiving end to pick up.

"911, what's your emergency?" 

"Yes, hello I'd like to report that my daughter has been raped by a man named Christopher White. He's a 35 year old caucasian male, about 6'0, blue eyes..." She continued listing his traits. I had so many thoughts racing through my head. She's claiming that he raped me but it wasn't rape. I wanted to give myself to Chris, I loved him. I wasn't going to let my Mom get away with this. I didn't want Chris to rot in prison for committing a crime he didn't commit. He didn't force me into doing anything. So, I decided to run for it.

I slammed my door open and ran to find Chris in the dining room, waiting for my Mother and I to finish our conversation. I grabbed his arm and he whisked my hand away.

"What the hell are you doing? Where's your Mom?" 

"Trust me, I'm saving you. She's calling the cops. Come with me, now!" Without any hesitation, he took my hand and ran with me out the door. He unlocked his car and we both hopped in, him  driving with me in the passenger. 

"So, where are we going?" he says as he puts the keys in the ignition.

"Anywhere where they don't know us. Just keep driving." I reply. I was kind of excited. This was the opportunity to start a life alone with Chris. I know, after everything, I was kind of insane to want to still be with him, but he was still there. We were together and it was us against the world.