Chapter 5: Love & Lies

Tears rushed to my eyes. Why did that always happen to me? It seemed as if everytime I fell in love; everytime I trusted a man with my heart, he tore it apart. I was extremely furious with Christopher but I did not want my mother to find out about us, Chris and I. The way she looked at him was the same way I looked at him and my mother hasn't felt that way in so long. I acted normal and greeted Christopher nicely, as though he was a complete stranger.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you." I reached my hand out for a handshake. 

Christopher looked at me appauled and I saw in his face that he was relieved I hadn't told my mother a single thing. 

"Yes, it's nice to meet you too. I'm Christopher." He shook my hand firmly, eyes still looking confused. 

"Well, I'll go set the table. Elizabeth, come to the kitchen and help me. Chris, make yourself comfortable." Mother said as she took the flowers in her hand and walked in the direction of the kitchen. I followed her as he sat down in our living room. Mom delicatly put the flowers in an expensive hand crafted vase, smiling. I couldn't believe my boyfriend was cheating on me with my own mother. 

"So what do you think?" Mom asked. 

"They're beautiful."

"Not of the flowers! Christopher."

"Oh yeah, he seems pretty nice I guess. All we said was hi. I didn't really get much from that."

"Get to know him. I'm sure you'll like him, probably more than you think." I sighed. No Mom, probably way more than YOU think. I grabbed the plates from the kitchen counter and put them on the dining room table. 

Not much happened at dinner. We ate while Mom and Christopher were talking about how happy they made each other and their previous dates. It hurt so much to smile. When dinner was over, I put all the dishes in the dish washer and made my way upstairs to my room. I shut the door behind me and fell ontop of my bed, hands covering my eyes. I let out a huge sigh. I heard the door open and saw Chris come in to my room. 

"Wow, this is a nice room." He said leaning on the edge of the door.

"Get the hell out and leave me alone." He walked in and closed the door beind him. 

"Common Elizabeth, you can't actually think that I'm in love with your mother right? I love you, I want to be with you!" I got up from my bed and stood right in front of him, looking him in the eyes.

"So why are you dating her? If you loved me 'so' much, why was there someone else on your mind? You told me that you wanted a family Chris, that you've been working extra hours for the money. But no, you've been working on my mom. You're shit to me." 

"Baby ple-" I pushed him to the wall. 

"Get your hands off of me and do not call me baby." He grabbed my waist and whispered in my ear, "Listen to me. I like your mom, but I love you. I just went on a few dates cause I felt bad for her. She used to look so upset and she came onto me first. You saw that smile on her face right? Now, you wouldn't wanna see that go away now would you?" I guess he was right. I know he hurt me but I think he was worth it. He was just trying to be nice anyways. 

He kissed me right there, and in that moment I didn't care what he did. I loved him. He was mine.

I heard the door creek and looked up to find my mother standing there. Chris pushed me off, very aggressively. His words were like bullets, 

"She kissed me! She came to me and she kissed me!"