Chaper 7

A scream, then another and my throat is raw and on fire. I see absolutely nothing but darkness and and endless stream of tears are running down my cheeks. My body is weak and I've been wallowing in my own filth for awhile now. I lost track of time a long time ago, but I know it's been longer than a week, so maybe it's been month's. Malicious laughter bounces around the room and I break down in sobs.
"Now me enchanta it's time for your wings to go" A sickly beautiful voice whispers in my ear. When did he get there, I hiss and attempt to crawl away only to be dragged back. My adrenaline kicks in and I can feel the heat surge through my veins. Then I realize as it's quickly becoming to later, he wants to put me in a stressful situation that way I release my wings. So I hold back, and attempt to fight but I'm to weak, I hold back another scream.
"Sweetheart don't you know what happens to Angels who get left in the dark for to long?"He taunts me. VAMPIRES. This time I can't stop the whimper and that's when I'm thrown across the room. I look up and pray that I hadn't, because I see light. It wasn't real and I knew it wasn't but my instinct kicked in and like a moth drawn to a flame I flew only to be dragged down by and iron chain. I scream out in pain as the iron burns my wings. I land on the ground with a thud and have only a few seconds of sweet nothingness before my body starts spazzing out from the pain. The white smoak fills the room along with my screams and his laughter. It has to have been hours later and I'm feeling something worse than death. I'm and Angel seperated from God, Angel with no wings, and an Angel left in the dark. I'm broken, a disgrace and can feel my soul being drained out of me, it's only a matter of time before I turn into the bloodsucking demon. So I do the only rational thing, I end my own life.
"SHIT!" I wake up cursing and clutching my chest in attempt to slow my escalated heart rate. Feeling disgusting especially after that dream I go and shower.
I finished washing myself awhile ago now I'm just sitting on the floor curled up in a call my chin resting on my knees and my arms around my legs, just sitting there as the warm water pelts me and then glides off of my body leaving goose bumps in their wake. What is with these dreams if I can even call them that, they're more like nightmares. And the markings, they grow every time I have a nightmare or go through something traumatic, I say traumatic because I notice that they grew each time I was attacked. And Dante who is he, who is Gabriel, who is Loki, and who am I? Also how in the he'll does this all connect because I know that is does, at least it's supposed too. I feel utterly confused and lost, and I never feel this way. My father always taught me to always have purpose, direction, and to show no weakness, but most importantly to have no weaknesses.

I know what i need to do, i need to figure out some kind of way to contact Dante. i feel a burning in on my back, i glance in the mirror to see that my runes are glowing. well it seems like my body knows what to do. Closing my eyes i give into that feeling, a strong pull later and i can feel Dante as if he's right next to me but he's not. i know that i'm just sensing his mental presense. I need you.

I stand still and wait, and hope but nothing comes growing frustrated and tiresome i begin to pace across my room. A million things are reaking havock in my mind at the moment and im so far in my own world i dont feel a presense next to me.

"You called?" I jump a nd go to scream, but he covers my mouth. my eyes widen and i finally take in who snuck up on me.

"Jesus, Dante you gave me a heartattack." i grumble while moving to sit on my bed, now that he's here i can relax a little. He chuckles while sitting across from me. Once we've gotten settled he looks at me expectantly. Sighing i tell him everything then ask him what he knows.

"The elders that came, do you still have that card the lady gave you?" He asks, i nod reaching over into my nightstand drawer, pulling out the card and handing it to him. He looks at it before placing it in the palm of his hand and burning. "You are never to go to them for anything do you understand?" i nod but i can't stop myself from asking why. "Because these are not happy go lucky i just want to help you people." i snort i figured that much. " These people are death dealers, if you were to call them they would either take you somewhere far away lock you up and exploit you for your powers and all of their other selfish needs or they would kill you. They believe that if you aren't a hunter you don't deserve to live."

"So i just had my first run in with Burzerkurs." i say recognizing the information that has just been given to me. "But i've always wondered if that's the case why not just kill everyone, thats not you?"

"Because if they started to slaughter in mass quantities, the diffrent species would unite and wage war on the Hunters therefore wiping them off the earth completly. Which is why they focus on little killing spree's, or killing for justice." He puts air quoutes around the word justice. I shake my head in disbelief so everything i've been raised up on is a lie, and to think i would of once been proud to wear the name Head Huntress. But through all of this one question comes to mind.

"How are my friends my friends, i mean they know what i am, or more what i was raised to be, yet they will still love me and..." He stops me, pulling me into his embrace.

"Because they can see something in you, they know what you truly are they can see it in the way that you love them back and you care for them and help in whatever way they can. You don't realize but you've shown them that you are diffrent in a more than a million ways." I relax into his arms feeling comforted by his words.

"Can you stay the night." I ask, looking pleadingly into his eyes. He smirks down at me.

"I suppose." With that i'm falling to sleep in his arms.

"Who The Bloody Hell Are You?" My eyes fly open at the sound of my fathers voice. SHIT. i look at the situation at hand and see that it's escalating rather quickly.

"Okay guys, it's not this serious." i say r=trying to get both of them to calm down.

"Why dont you just Shut Up Sl.." My father didn't even finish his sentence Dante punched him in the face knocking him the wall just as he figured out what he was about to call me. My main concern is making sure Dante doesn't kill him until i hear the click of the saftey being removed of off a revolver. My mom saunters in the room hearing all of the commotion and freezes in the doorway, in harms way. My father looks at me and smirks when he see's the worry etched onto my face. "You are no daughter of mine, and she no matter how many lays i got out of her is no wife." He points the gun at my mom first and something in me just snaps. My runes begin to burn, a white hot heat, coupled with a ice cold anger is searing through my veins, and all i can see is my target, my supposed father.

One second im standing there in shock and the next im ontop of him ripping him to shreds. I feel Dante pulling me off of him. i struggle at first and then i hear Dante whipering calming nothings in my ear. i relax, and an overwhelming wave of exhaustion washes over me. i struggle to hold on but in a moment all i can see hear and feel is the darkness