Chapter1

I sat there staring at the orange, and pink sky, listening to the waves crash against the outside of the cave. I felt the warm salt breeze coming off of the ocean tangling my hair and tickling my skin. The sand felt cool and soft between my toes and it seemed as if I could feel every grain through my sheer white dress. It's in these moments that I often wondered what my life would be like if every moment felt as peaceful, beautiful and free as this one.
"Hey" A strong voice bounces off of the cave walls, I slowly look up to see him standing there, beads of water dripping down from his hair. It looks like he got new scratches and bruises on his back, but the cavern so dimly lit I could be wrong. I mean I want to be wrong.
"Hiii" I say slowly unintentionally dragging out the vowel in the word, sounding as if it pained my to speak to him. I see his muscles tense on his back, and I know he sees straight through my pretense of being calm.
"I had to do," he starts, I raise my hand for him to stop, I don't want to hear any excuses. I just want the truth on what happened.
"I don't want your excuses, I just want to know what happened." I say looking out of the cave at the beautiful serenity that seems to be slipping farther and farther away with each passing second.
"No you don't." He states simply, as if when he says that i should just let it go, like I should just submit and accept what he's telling me and move on. But he should know better by now, I never let things go.
"Obviously I do if I'm asking, you could tell me or I could just go and get my own answers," I glare at him praying to God that he'll just give in, because there's no way I could step a foot out of this cave without getting killed.
"Well, go out and get your own answers then." He says, I can hear the amusement in his voice. He knows he just called my bluff. And if i want answers I have to be good at this game, this mind game. So i do what i do best, I push past his mental barriers and try to begin my search for the truth. But i'm shut down when a mental wall literally pushes me out of his mind. I glare at him, and lean on the cave wall to steady myself, the use of my powers and being shut down so quickly left me disoriented. When I feel my energy return I begin to stand on my own, only to feel my entire body smash against the cave, my throat throbbing and my lungs beginning to blaze on fire. I have my eyes closed, refusing to look at him. He was supposed to be my protector, but in reality he hurt me worse than the world ever could have. "Look me in my fucking eyes" He screams in my face, I feel a warm liquid dripping from my ears, and it takes everything in me not to cry or show any sign of weakness. "Did you fucking hear me!" He screams again, now the liquid is coming from my ears at a faster pace and my head is throbbing. My heart is beating sporadically, making it unable to give my body the blood it needs, which is carrying the oxygen it needs, which I am currently unable to provide my body. My eyes are still squeezed shut when I feel a searing pain across my stomach. Oh god he's cutting me. The bottom half of my dress soaked with a warm thick metallic liquid, and I know this is the end. So, this is how i'm going to die this time. Mentally I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, between giving into the sweet darkness that promises relief, even if for a little while, or fighting for what's rightfully mine, for whats been taken away from me in each life. But I don't get to make that choice. "Stupid Bitch" are the last word I hear before a undeniable sickening crack fills the cave walls and my whole world goes black.