Big Rat Named Jerry

"ANTHONY, I NEED A BIG ASS RAT!" I yell as I barge through the lab door. Sure enough, a sign on the door read 'Caution: Crazy ass women, will stab you if you enter' and I tore it down. Tony luckily had already been on his way to the lab since I texted him.

"Jesus, calm down, I've got to see this thing," Tony tells me, walking to the lab with me. When he entered, he saw the huge portal thingy, it's hard to miss. "Well."

"I know!" I exclaimed. "Ain't it neat?"

"Yeah sure, is that your room?" He asked, pointing at the portal.

"Yup, I thought about it as I threw the cubes," I tell him. He nods.

"So then you are okay with a big ass rat teleporting to your room? And if it can't teleport life then a dead big ass rat in your room?" Tony asks.

"I'll figure it out. Besides this is just one of those 'can't stop me now' moments" I reassure, "Now where do I get the big ass rat?" I ask.

"Probably the pet store," he answers. I then give him my best puppy dog face including my lip that quivered like no tomorrow. "But I don't want to."

"Please Tony, plauzeeee," I beg. "I have to make sure everything goes well! And it's not that far away!"

"It's your damn portal!" He exclaims.

"I didn't want to use this, but you owe me," I remind him. I cross my arms and smirk, remembering that one time with the peanut butter.

"Alright but if I come back with a pet snake I'm having him kill you first," Tony jokes as he walks out of the lab. I chuckle.

Once he left, I thought that I might as well make sure it can teleport non living matter. I pick up a pen and flick it through the portal. Sure enough, I see the pen drop in my bedroom floor. I grab another pen, and another, and another. Soon enough, there are five pens on my floor and I was just having so much fun I didn't hear the knock from the door. So I grabbed another pen and as I threw it, Steve opened the door to my room.

"Caroli-ahh!" Steve said, as a pen smacked his face.

"Sorry Steve!" I yell through the portal that had a pinkish red aurora.

"Caroline?" Steve called, amazed as he saw the portal. He must see me from my room to his lab. At least this means my atoms won't get messed up and get scattered all over the place.

"Yup. This is my project that I've been working on all day," I tell him.

"This took you a day?" He asks, pointing at the circular ingress.

"Well I had to make the blue prints yesterday and I've been thinking about this for awhile-"

"This is amazing," Steve chimed in. He smiled and chuckled. "Does it work?"

"Well it works with pens, as you found out," I say. It was so weird, the portal was completely clear as if I was in the room with Steve. But the border was this blood orange color. Please that's so pretentious. Its fluffing red. Blood orange.

He chuckles a little. Soon enough, my brother walks in, a cage in hand that contained a white rat that sniffed the cage. "He kind of reminds me of Jerry," Tony says. "How do you want this to go? And what are you doing in my sisters room?"

"I was going to ask Caroline where a gym was in this tower since I didn't know where you were, the rat explains it," Steve answers.

"I will go to my room and catch Jerry," I tell Tony. "You get to put him through. I zoomed through the towers, running past our guests and I'm too quick for them to ask questions. Once I get there, I see Steve still in my room with pens sprawled on the ground. I also notice a weird tension as my brother glares. "Alright!" I call. Through the portal, I see him open up the cage, grab Jerry, and sends him through. Without a hitch, he lands into my open arms.

"Yes!" I exclaim. "You did it little guy, yes you did," I say, my little kid/puppy voice activating. Steve chuckles slightly. "Come on, let's go back," I invite Steve who heads toward the door.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he walks out.

"I was going to the lab," Steve explains, confused.

"That's the long way!" I then, with out hesitation, walk through the portal. Steve tries to stop me, probably so I don't die, but I do it anyways. When I went through, I felt air rush through me but when I went into the lab, it was like I didn't just teleport. It was fluffing amazing.

"Caroline!" Tony yells. "Ever heard of curiosity killed the cat?"

"What! I'm alive no need to fret child," I assure. I dance a tiny bit. "You guys want try it?"

Tony and Steve look at each other from the portal and Tony shrugs and walks to my room. "I'll give you credit, sis," Tony compliments.

"Thanks bro," I said, smiling. Steve walks through the portal as well, entering the lab with ease and my brother follows close behind.

"So how do you close it?" Steve asks.

"Oh! Right! This is the fun part," I say and hold out my hand. Soon enough, two cubes are magnetized to my hand and at the same time the portal closes.

"How did you-" Tony starts to ask.

"I may or may not have borrowed some of that stuff that you use for your suits. Comes right back to me, isn't that convenient?" I explain, smiling at the two cubes.

"Smart," Steve comments.

"No, not smart, she could have poisoned herself and she could have-" Tony started.

"I could have, but I didn't. And I can help and save people! Get over it and stop making up excuses!" I exclaim, tired of him trying to be protective. At first it was nice but now he acts as if I'm still the little sister who played with dolls. Bad analogy I still do that.

That left Tony silent. "Wait, she's joining the team?" Steve asked, smiling a bit.

"Yes I will," I say before Tony can add input. "So I think it's time you guys tell me why you are actually here."

Steve and Tony shift uncomfortably. "I-We uh don't have-" Tony tried to explain/lie.

"Oh please, there is no way you guys are here just to chat. When you people are assembled, there's a reason," I point out, slightly squeezing the cubes more tightly. There was a small pause.

"Okay fine, Caroline there's a guy out there that thinks he's king of the world. The usual. He is impenetrable, has beyond average agility and senses, and he has these sharp swords that could make you into sushi. This guy is insane." Tony explains as he walks around the lab, playing with a pen.

For a moment I was intimidated. "Well, it's a good thing I got these," I say, opening my hand to reveal the cubes.

I had a feeling these cubes were going to help me out plenty. And taking this guy down didn't sound so bad.