A Corn Horse Is Stalking Me

Have you ever tried to be cool and crush a can with your bare hand and act like you're on steroids but then it just looks pathetic? Well Mr. Lion over here had the exact same experience, just with a plane instead of a can.

Just before my poor baby Quinn was crumpled up like a meatball, I threw my trusty cubes to end up right in between my brother and Steve. I didn't mind being right up next to Uncle Sam, but Tony? We were all in this large field and just behind us was green corn stalks that were taller then I was. Wow, I guess the whole exaggeration of Iowa and corn was actually true. I whimpered as little Quinn was pulled down by gravity and exploded in the corn field.

"Hi there everyone!" I exclaim. Besides Tony, the whole gang was happy to see me. They all took a quick pause in saving the day and acknowledged me before going back to work.

Tony grabbed me by my jacket and pulled me to hide in behind the corn stalks. Usually I would be able to get away but his suit had a death grip to it. "Shucks, Tony? This is the best cover we have?" I say and laugh at my joke. Tony was not amused as his mask opened to reveal his squinting disapproval.

"Caroline, just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go an do something like this," Tony quickly references. My eyebrows immediately shoot up.

"Really? I thought you would have a better reference then that! I feel like you are more refined then that movie if I'm being honest!" I shout over the noise of corn stalk twisting and shield catching and hulk smashing.

"Just let me finish," he whispered, "And totally redeem yourself!"

I was shocked. "Excuse me, sir?"

"Carl, I'm glad you are on the team. And I can't control what you do, no matter how hard I try. I missed you, I guess," Tony spills as I smirk. "No, don't give me that look. You weren't right about anything and I wasn't wrong about anything, I want to make that clear.

"Okie dokie," I tell him, a smirk still on my face.

"But if you die, I'll kill you," he says before we stand back up.

"I don't expect anything less," I tell him.

Once we escape the corn plant things, we both see Edgar Crow riding a corn horse that was about four stories high. He sat up on top of the horses head, between the ears, whipping his hands while turning corn into other objects. I started to laugh.

Everyone stopped for a minute, looking at my hysterical self. I mean come on man, first a Christmas ornament and now a gigantic corn horse? Why a horse? Why not a lion? Does he not have any better ideas for weapons? This guy is a piece of work. The Nemean Lion did not look so happy that I was laughing at him and sent a corn airplane after me. I used the cubes to get out of the way and I ended right up next to Captain America. "I like the uniform, you look beauti- or great," Steve said quickly. I giggled at his awkward flirting.

"You know Steve, we would be very corn-patible," I accidentally say out loud.

"What?" Steve asked, either he was corn-fused or he didn't hear me. Either way, I was glad

"What?" I recover and run off. I quickly look at my surroundings to try and think of a plan. I watched Natasha who used her batons to fight off whatever was made of corn. Usually they were deadly figurines of Edgar Crow. He's so Ear-otistical. Clint did the same thing but instead shot arrow and after arrow. Sometimes he was able to explode a part of the horse made of corn. Thor threw his hammer, Mjolnir flew right threw the chest of the enormous horse but Edgar just fixed it by adding more corn or leaves. Tony and Steve worked together to try and chop off the legs but were interrupted by small yellow airplanes. I felt like there was someone missing until I heard a roar. The Hulk came from the corn stalks, leaping over my head and smashing his fists right into the top of the corn horse. He beat against the body, trying to make his way to the top where The Nemean Lion sat controlling everything. However, Edgar threw a corn bomb which exploded in Hulk's face. Kernels flew everywhere. Dropping to the ground, Hulk looked even more angry and went to try again.

"Way to show some corn-viction!" I shout. Everyone groaned and I smiled widely. But that smile was short lived as I noticed the horse galloping toward me. I started to run the opposite way as the horse made thundering steps in my direction. "The corn horse is stalking me!" I shout as I threw the cubes and went through the portal.

I ended up on right behind Edgar's chair. I quickly and quietly grabbed onto the back of the chair to steady myself. We were four stories high and I was not about to have my gravestone say I died by the hooves of a corn horse. "Where did she go?" I could hear Edgar whisper to himself.

"Surprise!" I yell. He turned around to meet my fist. Edgar was knocked out of his chair as my hand stung. "Why do you have a horse and not a lion made of corn. It's corn-fusing. Darn I already used that one."

Edgar smiled. Did he really think that was funny? Turns out he didn't. He was smiling at the small plane that hit me in my back. I was pushed forward, tripping over Edgar's chair and tumbling past the horses ears and down the snout. I was soon flying though the air, twirling to the ground. I threw the cubes quickly, not really thinking where I would end up. I fell into the portal and came out right in Steve's arms.

"Oh, hi Steve," I say and smile awkwardly.

"Hi Caroline," Steve says, still holding me. But soon enough, he cleared his throat and gently set me down.

"Well, gotta go!" I say and run straight toward the corn horse that was galloping towards me anyways.

"Caroline!" Steve tried to shout but I ignored him.

I threw the cubes so that a portal created under the corn horse's feet. The other end of the portal was in the sky, directly above the corn field. The horse fit it's ass through the orange and red portal and soon fell from the sky. How does it feel now, huh?

Losing all control of his powers, Edgar flailed as he fell through the air.

"I've got him," Tony said before zooming off to catch The Nemean Lion. Before Edgar could know what was happening to him, handcuffs appeared from a compartment in Tony's suit. He quickly latched them on before Crow could pull anything. These handcuffs, designed by yours truly, holds anyone with any power. The metal is- well, this would take awhile to explain so I'm going to keep talking about the action.

The corn horse dispersed into ears of corn and leaves as it hit the ground. Tony brought the Neman Lion right in front of us as we all sat there for a second to catch our breath.

"That was a-maize-ing!" I shouted. Everyone groaned again.