This Stone is Still Rolling

Who turns someone to stone anyways? I mean, I get he named himself after a Greek mythology character but he's got the wrong monster.

I had no idea what my body's state was in while I was playing statue. I wasn't sure if I was asleep or awake or dead. The only feeling that can truly be described is distant. I heard conversations but they sounded as if i heard them on the other side of a can and a string. Distance and cold. I always felt a chill which contradicted my thoughts of being dead. If I was dead, I would be in Hell. But the chill always ran through me. The phrase 'stone-cold' became more true than ever. That includes my shitbag boyfriend I had in middle school. But who didn't have that?

Time was completely neglected as I sat in my grave stone. It felt like a month could be wrapped up in a minute. Or even a century into seconds. It killed me not to know time and yet relaxed me.

When I didn't feel that chill that left me raw, my senses woke up all at once. My eyes darted open, seeing the bright lights above hanging above me like the knife that hung over Damocles. My nose smelt the stone that once surrounded me and my body felt the sheets that softly told me it was going to be fine. I was not a stone. I was a human. My ears heard fighting.

I abruptly sat up, gulping breath into my lungs. It was like me in the morning with coffee which all of a sudden sounds amazing. The fighting stopped when I made my awakening as two men looked at me and rushed to my side. Yeah that's right, come to me my stone Terracotta warriors. Wow, I never realized how many stone references there are. Let me think, Stony could be a nickname. Nah for some reason that doesn't sound right.

Steve and Tony asked me many questions. They were fast and hard and it was to much for my brain to handle at the moment. So I carefully took the IV that was pierced was into my arm while Tony told me not to do this and Steve told me not to do that. At this point, I muffled them out. I threw off of the sheets that covered me. I was still in the same outfit I was in when we fought in Minneapolis. I stood up as Tony said, "Caroline what are you doing you are insane! Lay back down or I'm telling Banner."

And Steve staying, "I agree with Stark you need to lay down and rest."

And Tony saying, "Carl, you were just stone, you can not be rolling yet."

"Caroline, at least take my hand so you are stable."

I ignored them and walked out of the lab. I felt perfectly normal. That's what they should expected. I wasn't stone I was just covered in it. I didn't need rest, I need coffee and food. And I was headed straight toward the mothership of these glorious things. Tony grabbed my shoulder when I reached the doorway of the lab but I gave him my death look. That stare may have caused Steve not to touch me or he just was a nice person. I kept walking as they followed me.

Their questions died down once I got to the kitchen. They expected me to at least say 'I'm alive' but I didn't. I just started to brew coffee and make myself some toast. I motioned with my eyes for Steve and Tony to sit down on the stools which they did. Finally, the coffee machine said, "Your coffee is ready."

I took my warm cup, blew on, and took a sip. The beverage spread on the surface of my tongue and filled my stomach with warmness and goodness. I looked up at Tony and Steve as they looked at me as if to see that I would pop.

"Oy! 10,000 years will give you such a crick in the neck!" I say as I crack my bones. Neither of them say nothing to my joke.

"Caroline, what the hell?" Tony says as my toast pops out.

"Yeesh tough crowd," I tell the both of them and put my toast on a plate. I grab the butter and smother it on my toast as Tony talks.

"Carl, you were stoned, and not in the fun way. Are you okay? Do you feel any different?" Tony says. I get he's trying to be protective and everything but all I needed right now was coffee.