Didaskaleinophobia

Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of going to school

Monday Morning

I'm startled awake by the annoying beep of my alarm clock. I roll over in bed and quickly hit the snooze button, getting up out of bed I turn the alarm clock off. I walk over to the window and open the curtains to a rainy day. I grin when I see that it's raining, I love rainy days.

I walk into my bathroom and quickly take a shower. When I finish in the bathroom I walk into my closet grabbing the clothes I had set out the night before. The clothes I had chose consisted of a royal blue button up shirt, a pair of black, skinny jeans, and tannish, brown flats. I pull my clothes on and slip into my shoes. Walking out of my closet I grab my tannish, brown messenger bag on my way out of my room.

After I made it down the stairs and into the kitchen I place my bag on the floor and put a plain bagel into the toaster. I grab a plate, butter knife, and the blueberry cream cheese and set it on the counter. When I had finished making and eating my bagel I run up stairs and into my bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. Before leaving the bathroom I swiped some mascara onto my lashes and make my way back downstairs.

I grab my bag out of the kitchen and grab my keys off the table next to the front door. I walk outside and into the garage. I hop into my car, putting my bag in the passenger seat. I start the car and make my way to school.

****

Five minutes later I pull up into the school's parking lot to have lots of people stare at my car as they made their way into the school. Luckily I had found a spot close to the school to park my car. I turn my car off and pocket my keys into my bag. Grabbing my bag I quickly made my way out of my car and into the school. As much as I loved rainy days I didn't want to be soaked with water on my first day of school here.

Once I made it into the school I had easily found the office. It didn't take long for the secretary to find my schedule and locker number and combination. Not wanting to be late on my first day I quickly make my way to my first class that just so happened to be an art class. I walked into the classroom to find the teacher sitting at her desk. I look down at my schedule to find the her name is Mrs.Sanchez.

"Excuse me Mrs.Sanchez?"

"Yes?"

"Um, hi. I'm Phoebe and I'm new here I was wondering if you had a place for me to sit." I say just as she looks up at me.

"Oh, hi." She says looking excited. "You sit in the very back in the middle desk next to Scarlett."

"Thanks for your help." I say and walk back to where she had said my desk was. There was already a girl, who I presumed was Scarlett, sitting in the left seat of the desk. I sit down and look up to see her looking at me. I hold out my hand and introduce myself. She doesn't say anything and turns away.

She has short dyed blonde hair and one side of her head her hair is shaved and is black. I look at the tattooes lining her arms. From the quick look I had of her face I know that she has hazel eyes and she looks as if she was always ready to get into a fight.

"Class." Mrs.Sanchez says. "Today we are having a free day." I look over to Scarlett.

"Hey, um." She looks over at me as I begin to speak. "What does Mrs.Sanchez mean by free day?" I ask.

"You can do whatever you want in class as long as you do something art related." I just nod and grab my sketch pad out of my bag along with my sketching pencils. As soon as I have my materials out I start getting to work on drawing eye drawing.

****

About thirty minutes later I had finished my drawing and I just finished going over it with a pen. I stare at it a bit deciding that I wasn't going to add any color to it.

"Wow, that is amazing." I heard Mrs.Sanchez squeal behind me. I looked up to see the other students in the class staring at me. I look to see Mrs.Sanchez holding my sketch pad and look at the other drawings contained in the pad. She looks back to me her face in awe.

"May I show these to the rest of the class?" She asks and I just nod not having the courage to talk with everyone looking at me. And with that she walks up to the front of the class and shows the class my drawings on the overhead.

Much to my desire the bell rings, notifying everyone to get to there next class. I put my pencils and my pen back in my bag. I grab my schedule and walk up to where Mrs.Sanchez was holding out my sketch pad to me. I give a small smile before grabbing it and make my way to my next class.

I sigh and think to myself 'This is going to be a long day.'

****

My hand is all achy and tender from all the notes I was taking in my math class, which is thankfully my last class of the day. I make my way through the hallway to get to my locker while massaging my aching hand not watching where I was going.

Next thing I know I'm falling to the floor. I land on the cement floor causing a gripping pain to shoot through my shoulder. I slowly try to sit up only to fall back to the floor because of the pain in my shoulder that is slowly making its way to my back. I look up at the cause of my falling to the floor and gasp.

My main reason for gasping is because of how gorgeous he is. The boy that had ran into me is much taller than me, at least six feet tall. He has a chiseled and defined jawline. His skin is tanned that contrasts with his pitch black hair that has that just-woke-up look. His eyes are a mesmerizing dark blue that you could easily get lost in. His full, pink tinted lip are a pulled into a frown.

"Hey," he says in a husky and modulated tone. His voice is just as attractive as his looks. "You should watch where you're going." He tells me in a harsh tone as the frown on his face deepens.

'Great,' I think. 'He's an asshole.'

I slowly get up off the floor while gathering my things. Once I stand up I face him saying,

"I'm sorry about bumping into you, but you don't have to be so rude about it. Yes I wasn't watching where I was going, but obviously neither were you." And with that I walk away to my locker. Finally finding my locker I open it and begin to pull out everything I would need to complete the homework I was given. As I am doing the guy I had bumped into just a few moments ago was at my side and began talking to me.

"Are you new here?" He asks. But I just nod, no longer feeling the need to talk. "Well that explains it." He says. I look towards him in confusion as I shut my locker door. Seeing the confusion on my face he says,

"I'm Tristan Reed and no one talks to me like that. Because if they do something bad comes their way." I just shake my head at his attitude. I turn and walk away to my car throwing a 'Whatever' over my shoulder. Thankfully he didn't follow me again. And with that I drive home.