Lygophobia

Lygophobia- Fear of darkness

Thursday December 12, 2014

Phoebe's POV

I jolt awake for some unknown reason. I feel a heavy weight around my waist, I look to my right to see an arm wrapped around me. I look to my right to see Tristan slouched on the couch sleeping. He had a peaceful look on his face. I sat there for a moment just gazing at his face.

I'm startled out of my thoughts by a clock chime once. I look up at the clock on the wall to see that it was one in the morning, I then look at the TV to see it shut off. I look back at Tristan who is still sleeping. Slightly reluctantly I gently shake his shoulders while calling his name.

"Tristan."

"Hmmm."

"Tristan, wake up." He then mumbles something that almost sounds like five more minutes.

"Tristan." I say while repeatedly poking his face. Finally his eyes flutter open, yet still drooping with tiredness.

"Tristan."

"What?" He finally says while sitting up.

"Get up, I need to get home. What did you do with my keys?" I ask while looking around for them. I continue to look for them as he sits there staring at me. I look over to him and say,

"Are you going to help me or not?" He just replies with a not. I huff out a breathe and keep searching.

Suddenly I'm startled out of my searching by a warm, muscular arm wrapping itself around my waist. Tristan turns me around in his arms so that we face each other.

"Well since you can't find your keys, how about you stay here for the night?" He suggests with a small smirk on his face. I stare at him for a few moments before giving in.

"Sure, why not?" I say with a shrug of my shoulders. He gives me a dazzling smile before steering me into the the direction of his room.

When we walk into his room I stand in the doorway analyzing the room. I immediately take note of the simplicity of the room. And I notice the amount of musician related things around the room.

His bed has to at least be queen sized. Around the bed is a shelving unit. Filled with records, books, magazines, etc. I also take notice of the three electric looking guitars standing on top of the shelving unit. The wall behind the shelving unit is completely made of brick that brings a bit of a rustic look to the room.

I'm once again startled by Tristan, though this time he is standing in front of me holding out a pair of grey sweat pants and a plain t-shirt. I take them from him and give a small smile.

"The bathroom is over there." He points at the dark colored door across room. "If you want to take a shower there's towels in the cabinet in there. I'll be downstairs in the living room if you need me." He finishes and walks out of the room, I just shrug and walk into the bathroom.

Much to my surprise I find his bathroom to be clean, nothing like what I thought a guy's bathroom would be like. The walls are white, the sink is white marble and the faucet is copper colored with a giant mirror hanging above it. The shower which is directly across from the door is white and simple with a white and grey striped shower curtain.

Closing the door after I walk in, I grab a maroon colored towel out of the closet, where Tristan told me they were. I hang the towel on the rack near the shower and turn the water on. I wait until the temperature is just right before stripping my clothes and jumping in. And because this is Tristan's bathroom there is only his bodywash and shampoo. I quickly wash myself before getting out and drying myself off.

Unwillingly I put back on my underwear and shrug on the sweatpants and t-shirt Tristan had given me. I grab a hair tie out of the pocket of my jeans and throw my hair up into a ponytail. I hang my towel back up on the rack not knowing what to do with it before walking downstairs to find Tristan. And I found him in the living room right where he had said he would be.

"Hey, um I put the towel on the rack. I didn't know where you wanted it, so yeah." I say blushing softly at my awkwardness.

"That's fine. Come on, you can take my bed, I'll just sleep on the couch down here."

"I can take the couch. I mean it is your bed." I say.

"You sure?" He asks, I just nod. He walks away and returns moments later with a blanket and a pillow.

"Here you go, goodnight."

"Night." I say and walk over to the couch as he walks away to his room. I get comfortable and try to sleep. Unfortunately sleep seems to be eluding me at the moment. I turn on my side and stare out the windows and watch the street lights provide some sort of light in the suffocating darkness.

I don't know how long I had been staring out the window when I had heard footsteps approach me. I turn to see Tristan standing there.

"I would feel more comfortable if you stayed with me so that I know you're alright." He says softly. I nod and he holds out a hand to help me up. Still holding my hand he leads me upstairs to his room. I stop at the doorway and he looks back at me. And as if knowing why I had stopped he says,

"I won't do anything." I nod and follow him to his bed. I crawl in with him and lay on the very edge wanting to keep space between us. But next thing I know his arm is around my waist pulling me close to him so that my back is right up against his chest. I decide not to fight and try to fall asleep.

Just as sleep overtakes me I hear him whisper a goodnight.

Author's Note: I know, I know. This chapter sucks. I'm sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time, I've been busy with school and some problems with the family. As a New Year Resolution I promise to update more often with chapters much better than this one. Hope you all have a great New Year.