Geliophobia

Geliophobia- Fear of laughter

Monday December 1, 2014 (Date In Story)

I awaken to the sound of my loud and annoying alarm clock. I get up out of bed and walk into my bathroom doing my daily routine.

When I finish up in the bathroom I walk into my closet. So with me being me and with it being a Monday I decide to dress comfortably. I grab a pair of black leggings, a knitted grey sweater, knitted grey socks, and a pair of beat up combat boots.

When I finished getting ready I walk downstairs, skipping breakfast and grab my plaid jacket. I walk out the front door and to my car and then I make my way to school.

****

I'm finally in my last class of the day, math. It's been a long day, so I'm sitting here with Tristan constantly poking my back. Making my bad day even worse. I try my best to ignore him and continue to taking my notes. I was hoping that if I ignored Tristan he'd stop poking my back, unfortunately this didn't work.

"Hey, Phoebe?" Tristan whispers loudly. I just try ignore him.

"Phoebe!"

"Phoebe!"

"Phoebe!" Tristan continues to whisper. Finally fed up I turn around and yell out,

"Stop it. Just leave me alone." I turn back around to find everyone in the classroom staring at me.

'Shit!' I think to myself. Mr.Smith walks up to my desk and by the look on his face I knew nothing good was going to happen.

****

So here I am, in detention with Tristan for the next two hours. Making my bad day even more awful. So at the moment I'm sitting in a desk in a classroom that is empty of people aside from Tristan, Mr.Smith, and myself.

I soon found myself completing any homework given to me today. Even though I had so much to complete it didn't take me very long to finish it all. And by the time I had finished my homework I still had another hour of just sitting here to go.

"Okay." Mr.Smith says startling me, because it had been silent for so long. "I have something I need to do. I shall be back within ten minutes. I expect you two to not talk to each other and behave." And with that he left the room. As soon as the door shut behind Mr.Smith, Tristan began talk.

"Hey, Phoebe?" He says. And even though I know I'm not supposed to talk to him, but really can my day get any worse.

"Yeah?" I say not bothering to turn and look at him.

"Wanna hear a joke?"

"Sure, why not?" I sigh out. And with that he preceded to tell me a joke.

"What does a kitten like to put on a WHOPPER?" He asks.

"I don't know, what?"

"Catsup." I let out a snort, not because it was funny. I let out a snort at how bad his joke was.

"Got a better joke?" I ask turning to look at him.

"Yes, yes I do. What's the difference between a fish and a piano?"

"I don't know. What's the difference?"

"You can't tuna fish." And with that I let out a laugh. Tristan then went on ahead to tell me more bad jokes.

"Why did the boy change his socks on the golf course? Because he got a hole in one." I just laughed.

"What kind of dog doesn't have a tail? A hot dog." Before I could laugh the door opened and Mr.Smith walked back into the classroom.

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. I looked up at the clock and saw that we only had three minutes before our detention was over. So I just sat there for three minutes biting my lip to refrain from laughing.

"Okay, you're free to go. Get out." Mr.Smith says grumpily before getting up and walking out of the classroom. I hurry to grab my things and walk out of the school. I heard Tristan running to catch up to me as I walked to my car. When he stopped in front of me I let out a laugh and say,

"You know you tell bad jokes, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

"You should work on them." I say opening the driver's door to my car.

"Trust me. I will." He says before walking over to his own car and leaves. And on that note I place my bag in the passenger's seat and start my car to make my way home.