🌼(23)🌼

NEVEAH'S POV

I ran into the house and fell to my knees as soon as I entered my room. With my hands cupping my face and my heart left out open filled with sorrow.

Sometimes I wonder if things will ever go right,when will this ache stop? I cried even harder as I kept replaying the last moment we will ever share.

The wind smacked my face as I ran to chase after Reece because of his out burst. "Wait let me explain please!" I yelled, hoping he'd stop and talk. But he didn't. "I-I-I'm sorry I just," I tried to put it into words how I was feeling but the words wouldn't come out. My breath began to hitch. Fortunately he stopped running and stood by the river with no movements. Before he could walk away I caught up with him so I could tell him it all.

I placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort. "Listen I uh, I want you to know it's not because of you."

"Yes it is," he shook his head, "I did this to you. I pushed you to the limit and now you want to leave."  He really shouldn't blame himself because it's not his fault, it's my decision and yes he did influence it but it's not all him.

He ran a hand through his hair shakily, "I can't explain how but I love you - I really do and that's why I have to go." I told him and took his hands into mine. "I have to get away from here, from everyone and everything."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Is that what you do with your problems? Run away? How pathetic and typical of you," he said with sour and disgust in his voice. Which hurt. A lot.

Is that how he sees me? His words keep stinging my heart and it takes all the self control in me to not burst out in tears.

"You don't understand Reece. This environment isn't good for me I have to get away," I tried to re assure him, telling him in a way he might understand. Reece stared at me. But it wasn't in the loving way or him admiring me. He stared at me with a look as if to say 'are you serious?' And I didn't like that look one bit. Reece roared out a bitter laugh.

"You're so weak it's amusing," he forcefully removed his hands out of mine like I had some disease.

"Excuse me?" I asked him.

How dare he call me weak? Most girls who went through the same crazy cycle similar Reece and I's break down and completely lose it. But here I am. I stood tall against him, even my best. I mean ex best friend put me through the most confusing s**t yet here I am.

"You heard me, instead of dealing with your petty problems you pack your crap and run. What a cowardly thing to do," he snickered heartlessly, "to be honest you should go, you were just a distraction anyway and at least I won't feel guilty when I get some."

Even though I know he's saying these cruel words out of anger and hurt, it still crumpled me up like a piece of paper.

"What do you mean?" I asked meekly quite afraid of what he might say.

He licked his lips and looked straight at me, "I mean you're a stupid virgin. I had to wait years for you to give it to me yet you wouldn't, it wasn't fair how I had to control my sèx drive because of some prude who wasn't even worth the wait!"