Chapter 15: Anxious

Ian above.

Jeremy was lying face down on the ground. I flipped him over gently as the others came to my side.

"Someone get some water and ice please," I said.

Sophia was on it in a flash.

"Jer, are you ok? How badly did they hurt you?" Karli asked quietly kneeling down next to him. I gestured for her to sit down, and she listened while I laid Jeremy's head on her lap. I sensed that it was the right thing to do considering that it still seemed like she had feelings for him.

"They ripped off my wings." He said quietly. "It hurt pretty bad but the black ones grew in really fast. It was more painful than getting the white wings ripped off."

"Can you move much?" Leo asked.

"I barely got down here in one piece. I'm exhausted." Jeremy said hoarsely.

"Dude... you look bad," Blake said. Karli shot him a glare as Sophia gave Jeremy some ice and water.

We were all silent until Rem spoke up. "Sophia and I will get the vans and bring them here so you won't have to move Jeremy."

"Thanks. I could use all the rest I can get."

Sophia and Rem took off.

I watched Karli wipe the sweat from Jeremy's forehead and looked around at my friends. "And this is where I really feel like we are starting some shit. This is hurting you. All of you. You don't have to be here for this. You can opt-out, and I won't take offense. I just don't want to see anyone else get hurt... Or worse."

"Liz... we are all in this together. We were meant to be here and help you set things straight. You wanted this to happen, right? I mean why else would you be drawn to all of us?" Leo asked.

"I don't know. I just don't want anyone else to get hurt. Jeremy, you went through too much and I don't know what I can do to make this better." I said, squeezing his hand.

"You can start by continuing on to find Athena and Poseidon," Jeremy said looking up at me.

I nodded.

"And together, you will all enforce free will." Larson chimed in.

***

I sat in the car thinking about who the hell this Hannah chick was. How could she fit into this story? Did I foresee this? Is she on our side? Is she even relevant?

Jeremy turned his head to look at me as if to tell me he heard me but didn't have an answer to any of it. This whole confrontation with Hannah had me second-guessing who Leo really is. It wasn't like I was one to judge. I just found their relationship odd and I found her very sketchy.

"Hey, you ok?" Leo put a hand on my shoulder from the seat behind me.

"Yea. Peachy." I lied but turned to give him a small smile. He smiled back and leaned back in his seat.

I sighed and noticed Jeremy's eyes on me, but I refused to look at him for the time being. Knowing about Hannah made Leo seem sketchy, and I just couldn't make myself comfortable around him.

My phone buzzed again. I looked at the screen.

Betrayal is in your future.

I rested my head back on the seat and looked out the window. Jeremy grabbed my phone and stared at the text.

Seth? I thought.

He was still for a while, studying it until he finally half nodded and I knew that meant maybe. I mean who else could it be?