Thirteen: ☽ I play with air ☾

i've recently been really into 5sos (i went to their concert a few days ago) and im having a really bad post concert depression :/ michael, ashton, calum and luke are literally ugHHHGGHGH

I just want to say thank you to all of you who have been reading. I've never really stuck with a story this long before, and to be honest I'm really happy I am. This story started out with really no plot, tbh, but I'm growing it piece by piece. It was 1.4k reads, and I'm so happy. Things will just get better the more that I develop this story, and, trust me, I will definitely be working on it for a long time.

anyway, enjoy this chapter!

~

Thirteen: I play with air ☾

~

As Marissa and I approached Apollo, a shadow loomed over me. It was mental, I suspected, but it was still there. My vision was a bit shadowy, but when I looked up at the sky I saw it was a mixture of pinks and purples.

Clearly I needed to sleep.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

"Ah, at last. You both pleasured to join me?" Apollo asked us, leaning against someones car. Our own was parked next to the stylish looking two door car. He changed clothes, I noticed. No longer looking like a fake G.I. Joe, he now looked like he was a normal college student on a vacation.

He wore a fitted Hawaiian shirt with khaki shorts and, of course, the same shoes as the zombie posse Marissa fancied. His hair was styled in an upward motion, almost like a ski slope.

A few girls walked past us, their swim suit clad bodies half wrapped in towels. They waved at Apollo, but instead of his usual wink or whatever he does, he ignored them.

Marissa tugged on the handle of our car door. "The pleasures all mine," Marissa said sarcastically, finally getting it open. She slid into the seat farthest away.

In the front seat, Gwen was fast asleep, her eyelids moving slightly.

I looked at Apollo and surveyed him.

Destroy him

A voice in my head said and suddenly the same feeling loomed over me. I shivered in the hot summer air, which was ironic.

I decided to ignore it.

I leaned to get in the car before Apollo grabbed my arm.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, not wanting neither Marissa or Gwen to hear. We both looked down at the hand on my arm, the same arm with the scar from camp. It seemed like so long ago, but it was actually only a few days old.

My eyes looked back up at him and I saw he actually looked worried. Under his annoying attitude was real worry.

I pulled back from him, "I'm fine."

His eyes softened more.

"Clara, really-"

"I can protect myself," I said automatically, reciting the same words I used years ago when I got asked the same question from Artemis herself.

I gave him what I hoped was a look that I didn't want to continue the conversation. He sucked in a breath before his eyes changed from worry to the same Apollo as before.

I slid into the seat next to Marissa, buckling up.

Apollo did the same, and I felt strange sitting next to him.