Twenty Two: ☽ Apollo's baby gets injured ☾ [UNEDITED]

Heyo, i know i haven't updated this in like a million years, but it's summer and i'm getting back into the swing of things. I decided to make this chapter short just so that I can get in the feels again. sit back and enjoy.

~

Twenty Two: ☽ Apollo's baby gets injured ☾ [UNEDITED]

~

I snapped wide awake, slapping the dashboard of the car. At first, I couldn't remember who I was or where I was, but when I looked over at Apollo's stone cold face, I instantly remembered. 

I was on a quest to save the world.

Okay, that was cheesey, I apologize. 

The skyline before us was tinted with a mix of orange and purple, the run rising slowly, and behind me Gwen and Marissa were fast asleep. It wouldn't be awhile until they woke up, which gave me an opportunity to talk to Apollo about... Whatever my dream was.

I was still processing it; the sight of seeing Artemis in the worst condition she had ever been in, and that was counting the time had had gotten kidnapped, only years before. Her face was shallow and translucent, her veins dark blue under her papery skin. It would be easy to snap her bones, and that troubled me.

She was a goddess, but there she was, looking like a mortal. 

I wanted to run up to Olympus and give the gods a piece of my mind. I was still in shock that none of them cared enough to help. Besides Hermes, but the rest? It was like she, Artemis, one of the 12 gods and goddesses of Olympus, was nothing.

I was still wondering about my Hunters... What were they doing at camp? Having camp fire songs and crafts? I didn't want to think about it.

I bit the inside of my cheek, preparing myself mentally and physically to tell Apollo a puzzle piece of the dreams I've been having. 

"Can I tell you something?" I asked quietly, loud enough just for him to hear and not to wake the others. He looked over at me and it occurred to me. He looked normal. Not like a supermodel, but like a real seventeen year old boy. It struck me, too, that he hadn't changed form once during our quest. 

"Yeah." His eyes shifted from my face and to the open sky. "We've only got a half hour till we're there." He gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. He was just as nervous as I was. Not only was he starting to look more and more mortal, but he was acting like it too. He wasn't acting has arrogant, more than usual, than before. He was acting not as godly and more like a teenage boy you would find getting a tan. 

I decided to tell Apollo about my dream and leaving out the Pheonix asking for a raise, but that Ouranus knew who I was and that I was in a dream. As I recounted the dream, I shivered at the thought of Ouranus almost reaching for me, pulling me out of his world and back into mine. If he had that much control, then what else could he do?

By the time I was finished, Apollo's expression was blank. His eyes glazed over, like he was thinking of something else and was a world away. I breathed in deeply, closing my eyes and waiting for him to react. 

"Clara, if what you're saying... If where Artemis is-" Apollo cut himself off, and I snapped my eyes open to see him swerving. Our car turning sideways, nearly slamming into two hawk-like-creatures. I clawed at my seat to keep myself from falling out of the convertible.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW," Gwen yelled from the back seat, holding on to the back of mine. Now that I was thinking about it, a convertible is not the best for situations like this. Dying was not the best option at the moment, but the hawk creatures circling us obviously did not give a flying pancake about how we felt.

The car shook as the hawks tore their claws into the front of Apollo's convertible. If I wasn't about to die, I might actually laugh at Apollo's screech of horror. 
"I JUST GOT THAT FIXED," he screamed, letting go of the steering wheel. He turned to look at me and a silent understanding was shared between us. 

There was no coming out of this alive.