Four: ☽ Dionysus doesn't like Diet Pepsi ☾

The long awaited chapter of chapter 4!

Sorry that I haven't been updating as much as I would like to, I just haven't been getting the ideas flowing until today.

Get ready to meet Chiron and the rest of CHB!

~~~~

Apollo coughed roughly, stepping out of his now broken van and into the dirt and ruined crops of strawberries. The sun blazed through the field, giving Apollo a sort of godly look to him that would probably make most girls swoon and cry their love to him.

I, on the other hand, was enraged.

I swallowed whatever complaint I had coming and walked up to the crowd of demigods that were surrounding us. Some had swords and some looked as if they had just rolled out of bed and thought, is Chiron making updates.

I straightened myself, trying to look calm and bold, like a leader. “Hi, I’m Clara and I know—“

“Oh, don’t look so sad. No one likes strawberries,” Apollo interrupted, stepping in front of me. I shot him daggers in my imagination. “I bet you were all looking for someone to kill them.” He put on a brilliant smile, probably to impress some female demigods and to give him some slack.

Everyone knew that he was Apollo by the way he talked and the glow he gave off. Only Gods could give off an impression like that, but regular mortals wouldn’t have blinked at eye at him, except that some found him as attractive as an Abercrombie model.

I looked around and saw that my fellow Hunters had bounded out of the wrecked van and were beside me, Marissa at my side. Her dark brown curls glowed in the morning sun.

Camp Half-Blood didn’t look as bad as I had remembered it.

Rolling hills were painted along the borders and cabins of different sorts were made in a U shape, with the Big House at the beginning. The grass was as green as ever, even though it was almost summer and most demigods were packing into their cabins for summer activities that were always year around.

The Long Island sound was off in the distance, but it was still clearly visible with the reflection of the sun on the sound.

“I’m sorry for him,” I apologized, shoving Apollo out of the way so that he wouldn’t cause any more trouble. It did no good, which I should have anticipated. “He just hasn’t understood the whole concept of keeping his comments to himself.”

Apollo lifted one brow at me in return, crossing his arms. I

I never understood how people could do that, and it annoyed me. I never told anyone, but I always practiced, hoping one day that I could use that and feel partially superior to others around me.

The sound of hooves bounding across the field snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up, using my hand to block the sun from my view. A centaur that looked like a middle-aged guy from the waist up. He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket. His waist down was cover in brown fur, and dark hooves. He flicked his tail as campers parted for him, so that he could see the damaged that was caused by yours truly.

I bit down on my lip as I remembered my last encounter with the camp counselor, Chiron. It was almost 50 years before and it had not ended well.

His brown eyes gave me a questioning look as he crossed his arms just like Apollo.