Kanima

From what I have heard, Devenford Prep is a Mecca of hot boys and Mason shares my interest in this as we drive there.

"There's this one guy that Liam knows," he tells me, "Brett, his name is. Absolute god."

I look through my mirror into the backseat. "Is this the boy we're going to talk to by any chance?"

Liam looks insanely uncomfortable and I have to bite my lip to stop from laughing. "Yes," he grumbles. "And can you stop discussing boys in front of me?"

I look over at Mason in shotgun. "He's jealous," I whisper just loud enough so Liam can hear.

Liam buries his face into his hands.

We arrive at the school and I follow Liam through the labyrinth of buildings through to the lacrosse field.

I am not disappointed by the sight in front of me. Mason nudges me. "That's him," he says.

Let's put it this way, Mason was not overreacting. This Brett guy was so tall that I would probably only go up to his chest and looked like he was strong enough to carry all three of us in one shot.

It didn't help that he was playing lacrosse shirtless, frolicking on the grass like a real life fairytale prince.

"So he's a werewolf, too?" Mason asks.

"Yep," Liam mumbles and folds his arms over his chest.

"This just gets better and better," Mason says.

I decide that I need to book in a sleepover ASAP with Mason so we can talk about all the hot werewolves we've just encountered.

As we get closer, I can distinguish Brett's facial features better, and that isn't a let down either. His features don't seem to fit together perfectly. He has an unusual face, but nonetheless a beautiful one.

"You never told me you actually have friends who are girls, Liam," he says monotonously. His voice seems to be stuck on a tone that sounds like he actually doesn't care about anything and is bored by the whole thing.

"Yes, well, I do, Brett," he says. "And I didn't come here for you to tease me again, Brett. We need help."

"What kind of help?" he asks in his again bored tone. Maybe it's Liam that he's bored of. Liam does seem to have a quality about him which seems to nag you-but in a good way, a friendly way.

Liam brings up a picture on his phone of Tracy. "Do you know her?"

"Cute," Brett says. "But I don't know her."

Liam sighs. "Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?" I'm guessing that Satomi is his alpha's name.

Brett bends down to shove his lacrosse stick in his bag. "After the deadpool, Satomi isn't exactly doing much recruiting," he says.

"That's how it works?" Mason says. I can feel his nerves from here. "Alpha werewolves just go around biting people?"

"Or you could be like me and my sister. Satomi took us in after our parents died," he says.

Liam looks up from his phone. "Guys," he says. "I think I just found something."

I look over at the screen to see he's enlarged the picture to her necklace. "When I went with Stiles to follow Theo-"

"You followed Theo?" I cut in.

"Yes," he said. "Anyway, this necklace was in a hole I fell in." Brett's looking at him curiously. "We need to go back there," Liam says.

I hold up my keys. "Let's go."

Brett is riding shotgun, but is no longer shirtless. I suppose this is for the best or I probably would've distracted myself from driving and killed us all if he hadn't.