Part 6

Sam and I were silently looking for clues outside the house while Dean continued his search inside.  After a while Dean came outside and walked over to us saying, “Well that was a bust.  Did you two find anything?”

         Sam replied in an annoyed tone, “No.”

“Whoa, there, it was just a question.  No need to get grumpy,” Dean said as he smiled and playfully held his hands up.

“Ok, seems like we need a break.  Let’s hit up the nearest bar that would be open…” I said as I looked at the clock on my phone then continued, “… at 5p.”  Dean nodded and said, “Well I can’t disagree with drinks.”

Once we entered the bar we took a table in the back and Dean ordered two beers then asked, “What type of music do you listen to?”

“I know it is cliché for a black person to love just hip hop and rap, but even though I like it I still listen to rock, alternative, electronic and so on,” I replied as I flipped through my i-pod nano.

“Oh really, then who’s your favorite band?” Sam asked as he moved closer to look at my i-pod.

“Right now it is definitely Framing Hanley.”

As we continued talking Sam seemed to be in a better mood.  Eventually Dean excused himself to flirt with a girl at the front, meanwhile Sam and I continued to talk about our interests and discovered we had a lot in common.  Suddenly Sam asked, “What do you feel about what happened earlier today?”

I knew what he was talking about but instead I answered, “You mean how we didn’t find any clues at the house?”

Sam took a sip of his beer then responded, “No.  I meant about how we almost kissed.”

“Oh yeah; look, Sam, I think…” I began to say but Sam interrupted me by saying, “If this is about your boyfriend, then yes I remember and I will back off if you want me to,”

“It’s not that, but…”

Sam interrupted me again with, “Well, I am glad to hear that because…”

Dean sauntered over dragging a drunken brunette woman behind him.  He gave Sam a look that said, “Do not enter our room tonight.”  Sam rolled his eyes and nodded at which Dean and his new friend left.  “Great now I need to find a place to stay tonight.”

I offered, “You could stay with me, but you have to sleep above the covers.”  

Sam smiled then replied, “That’s fair.”  We finished our drinks, went out to my car, and drove back to the hotel.