Part 10

When I began to wake up my body felt like I was fully engulfed in fire.  My vision was blurry and I could only see three blurry figures standing in front of me and the only light in the room came from the dusty window behind me.  “Good evening, Monique, I am so happy you have awoken.”  I rubbed my eyes then felt around for my glasses.  “Oh here are your glasses back.”  I felt my glasses hit my leg and I quickly grabbed them and put them on.  The three figures came into view and I recognized one of them as Demetri.  He then said, “You like my servants?  I conjured this lovely couple from the Great Depression from this very house and they have been useful…”

“Why did you bring me here?” I asked feeling annoyed beyond comparison.

“We made a deal, now you have to hold up your end of the bargain,” he replied in a calm voice.

“But druids can’t make deals…”

“Did I tell you I was a druid?  I am so sorry, but I lied I am actually a warlock.  Now back to business and don’t try to run because we are bound together and if you or your two goons out there try to kill me then you die.”  I was confused and he clearly saw it on my face; he rolled his eyes and let out a frustrated sigh and continued, “If I die, then you die… Now let’s get to taking care of our situation.”  Demetri strolled over to where I was and pulled me up and led me to a strange circular symbol.

I quickly said, “Before we start answer me this one question.”

“Okay, it seems fair.”

“Why did you kill my daughter’s father?”

Demetri chuckled then answered, “He made a deal.”

“What was his deal?”

“When you gave birth to your daughter and you came close to death, your baby-daddy traded his life for yours…”  As he spoke I drew out my knife and stabbed him right in the heart.  Shock filled his face as he fell to the ground.  Immediately my breathing became shallow as I struggled to stand.  The room went black as I fell to the ground.