Prologue: You Know What, Screw Him

It was October 3rd and the University was playing our rivals, College Town. I know, two really original names. I sat on the hard cold bleachers, by my older brother, watching my dad coach.

My older brother, Mike, was cheering his lungs out, with all the people around us, chanting "Come on University!"

When halftime finally came, the score was 59 University to 21 College. To say I was the only one shocked with the blow out would be a lie. I mean we've got two rival teams right here! Shouldn't the game be a little more tight!

Halftime came around and the band ran onto the field, when Mike nudged my arm "Hey I'm gonna go get some popcorn. You want anything sis?" Mike asked me.

"Yeah, could you get me some hot chocolate?" I asked him.

Mike nodded and walked down to the stairs to the concession stand.

I continued to watch the band march on the field and continue to play with a smile plastered on my face. Until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see Aaron Base, the quarterback at my high school tapping my shoulder.

"Hey Aaron." I said confused to see that he was talking to me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me rudely.

"Well, it is a football game, it's not like I'm not allowed in. Besides, my dad is the coach for University." I said shrugging.

Aaron began to laugh at me "Your dad? The coach? Yeah right!" He said holding his chest.

I rolled my eyes "If you're just here to make fun of me, go away." I said turning my attention back to the halftime game.

Instead of walking away, he sat right next to me. "Wait, so your serious? Your dad's the coach?" He asked me shocked, pointing down at the field.

I gave him a blank look "Why would I joke about that? Besides he does have the same last name as me." I said giving him a hard look.

"I don't know." He said shrugging. "I just didn't expect you to be into football, since you know...you're a girl." He rubbed his neck awkwardly.

I looked at him shocked my face turning red with anger. "Are you serious!? I can throw a ball better then you can in your dreams." I spat at him.

"Yeah, sure, then why don't you go try out for the football team." He said waving his hand at me, thinking I was bluffing.

My blood began to boil as I rolled me eyes "Fine, I will, and I'll take your position as quarterback." I said smirking at him.

"Good luck with that." He mumbled finally leaving me alone.

My brother walked up to me just as Aaron walked away, holding my steaming hot chocolate. "What was that all about?" He asked confused.

"Well, next year I'm gonna be trying out for football." I said taking a sip of my hot chocolate, and soon realizing it was scalding hot.

"Emily are you serious?" He asked dropping some of the popcorn he was holding.

"Yeah I'm serious, I'll be fine, I've been around football my whole life." I said with a burnt tongue.

"Good luck with that one sis." He mumbled throwing some more popcorn in his mouth.

As the rest of the game continued, i couldn't really focus. All I could think about was, how I was gonna steal that jerks position.

Hey guys! This is my first book on Wattpad. Tell me how you like it. I'm super excited to write this book. So tell me if you enjoyed it or not.

The chapters will be longer then this. I promise, I'll try to make them about 10 pages.

Hope you guys have -blue-skies- and sunshine!