Chapter Three: I Stole the Quaterback's Number

Today's the day, I finally get to figure out if I made the team or not. I was practically itching to know.

As soon as Mike started the car, I began to tap my fingers on the car door, a nervous habit I have always had. Mike soon began to notice and sighed "Em, you had a great tryout, you'll make the team." He said smiling at me.

"I hope so." I mumbled turning my head to look out of the window. The rest of the drive was silent, other then the radio blaring music.

When we finally made it to Blairfield, I walked to the courtyard to see Jody waiting for me rather impatiently. She saw me and grinned slightly "So," She began "How'd tryouts go?" She asked me.

"They went good." I said shrugging.

"Aww come on, I have to have more info, were there any hot guys at tryouts?" She asked me. "Cause I totally come to all of your games if there were." She said smirking.

"Well first, I have to figure out if I made the team." I said rolling my eyes. "Then I'll tell if the hot ones made."

The bell rung, yelling at all of us to get to class. "See you at lunch!" I shouted walking away to my calculus class.

^^^^

Mr. Range had just passed out of homework for the night, when the intercom came on. "Mr. Range, please send Emily Jason to Coach Willson's office. Thank you." It shut off just as quickly as it came and Mr. Range turned to me.

"You can go." He said nodding his head. I smiled politely, then grabbed my things and began to head towards the gym.

Mr. Range's class probably had about ten minutes left, and I didn't know if Coach wanted to have a long conversation or a short one. Besides, if Coach did have a long conversation with me, I didn't want to have to come back into class to awkwardly grab my things.

As I got closer and closer to the gym, my feet seemed to slow down and my palms got sweaty. What exactly did Coach want to talk about? Why did have to be during one of my classes? Did I not make the cut? Was he gonna tell me I sucked?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and laughed slightly, Coach would never tell me I sucked. He doesn't do that... a lot. Stop thinking like that, I scolded myself.

When I finally made it to the gym, I hesitated then grabbed the doorknob. The door open to revile, Aaron sitting in one of the chairs in front of Coach.

"Ah, there you are Little J." Coach said smiling at me, that was good news, he smiled. He gestured for me to sit next to Aaron, so I sat down awkwardly, waiting for Coach to began the conversation.

"So, I'm pretty sure that you two have figured out you made Varsity." Coach began, folding his hands.

"Really!?" I exclaimed, rather surprised. Aaron rolled his eyes at my reaction "Typical." He mumbled. I glared at him then returned my gaze to Coach.

"Do you two need marriage counsel or something?" Coach asked us rather confused.

"What!? No I think we're fine." I said putting on a smile.

"Okay then, getting to the point." Coach said giving us both odd looks. "I don't know who I'm gonna start against the Lion's on Monday, but most likely it will be Little J." Coach said calmly.

"What!?" Aaron exclaimed now interested in the conversation. "But Coach, College is looking at me!?" Aaron said frowning.

"Then you need to get a better arm, Little J rocked at tryouts, in fact she did a lot better then you." As they continued the conversation, I felt oddly out of place.

"Coach!? She's a girl!" Aaron exclaimed. "College is gonna think that I suck, since a girl is starting over me." Aaron said frowning.

"Well, sorry Aaron, but that's how we're doing it, you can start when we play the Vipers." Coach said crossing his arms.

"But... but, she doesn't even know the play book." Aaron said trying to save himself.

I frowned at him "I studied that thing the hole summer. And seriously, if I'm starting over you, since I'm a girl I guess you really do suck." I said glaring at him.

The bell rung, signaling me that class had just ended "Coach can I head to class?" I asked him.

Coach nodded and I was about to open the door he added "Oh, I almost forgot, what number do you want?" He asked me.

"I'll take 10." I said walking out of the room.

Aaron gapped at me as I walked away "Coach! That's my number." He yelled.

"Well looks like she just stole your position and your number." He said tossing me jersey number 10.

Hey guys! New chapter in I think, two days. Wow that's a record for me. Hope you guys enjoyed. I can't believe that school is so close. I mean it feels like we just started the summer.

Wish me good luck! I'm an incoming freshman. Dear God, please don't let me get trampled by seniors the first day. Leave comments or votes if you enjoyed the chapter a lot. Thanks!

Hope you have -blue-skies- and sunshine!