Chapter 5

When I walked in the door, I was engulfed in a hug from my brother. His face showing signs of relief. Relief that I turned up home without so much as a scrape upon my skin. Guess I should count my lucky chickens.

"Where have you been?" He asked rapidly.

"Hiding."

"Hiding where?"

"Hiding where no one but Old Tommy Turner could find me."

"Wait, Old Tommy Turner, dad's best friend?"

"Yes! Him!"

"How's ole Betty?"

"She beat her cancer, if that's what you're wondering. She's still baking her sweet treats and her meals."

"Gosh, I can't believe that she's still making her meals. Her chocolate cake was to die for. I still remember at mum and dad's funeral, Ole Betty brought up the cake for treats. I'm just surprised that you remembered who they are."

"I didn't remember Old Tommy at first but then I looked at him and I remembered a man in my life with one eye closed due to a lot of surgeries he had in it, to remove cataracts. Therefore his eye was dodgy so he ended up with one eye working normally."

"Oh my gosh, but we are getting off tangent here. Why were you hiding from Miguel?"

"Is he gone?" I asked, looking around me.

"He left after he heard your conversation with me. I had my phone on speakerphone so he heard everything. Niamh, what happened with him?"

"He said he wanted to settle down, have a life, with me. He said that he wanted to get me pregnant," I started as I sat down. "He began talking about the night that I was hospitalised as well. I just couldn't take the influx of information that I had no recollection over."

"He said that he wanted to get you pregnant?" Blake asked me, surprised.

"Not necessarily outright, he asked me what I do if I got pregnant while having amnesia."

"What would you do?"

"I have no idea, Blake. I feel like everyone just wants me up the duff," I huffed.

"No one's saying that, Niamh. It was just a valid questions about things."

"I know, Blake, I do but things aren't exactly what things seem. Why didn't anyone tell me that it was Miguel that saved me? Or that everyone was rooting for you and Beth to get together. Why?" I asked as tears brimmed my eyes.

The one thing I've noticed ever since my accident and my awakening, is that I seem to cry easier than I used to. Normally it took me ages to feel emotions but now, now I'm all over the place. I'm either happy for a few hours or I'm angry for a few hours again. It's always like clockwork, never actually a break.

When I first got my red river after I awoke, I panicked, unsure as to what to do with things. I had to call Beth up and ask her what I do. I was mortified having to ask someone for help, especially when things are as awkward as they are.

"We didn't tell you for reasons."

"And what are those?" I asked, raising my voice a little.

I was unsure as to why I was raising my voice and crying, when I'm happy for both of them. I'm happy that they found each other. But was it because I was a lousy person who couldn't find the least bit of happiness? Or was it because the minute I did end up happy, I ended up nearly dying? Or was it because I was too far for love? I honestly have no idea. I just wanted things to be normal. I wanted to be normal, but there was no way I could get to that quickly.