Chapter Thirty Five - I Will Protect You

I wake up to sounds of people shuffling but the Dorm is eerily silent all the same.

It has begun.

I got up and copied their movements all the while looking for others like me. We line up and the leaders hand each one of us a gun. My chest feels hollow when I see that Eric is the one giving out guns.

"Hello? Hey guys what's happening?" It was one of the Divergent men I'd scanned yesterday. Eric walked up to him while holding a gun loosely in his hand. Oh no.

"It's ok." Even as Eric spoke, I knew what he was going to do. He raised the gun to the mans forehead and fired just as I knocked the man down.

"Two Divergent rebels." Max lowered his gun on us. Knowing there was no escape, I wrapped my body around the man's. I felt searing pain in my leg and arm.

"Get off Rebel."

I rose up dragging the man with me.

"What's happening?" I turned to see him clinging on to me for dear life.

"Sh. Don't fear me. I'll protect you."

Third Person POV:
She opened her hands and people gasped. Fire licked her body but didn't burn her, creating a good distraction when she grabbed his arm. Luckily for her, he was too shocked to do anything.

They were still running when she briefed him. "Erudite and Dauntless are working together to wipe out Abnegation. Erudite want power and to destroy all Divergents. Dauntless is their firepower. The injection given yesterday was a controlling serum rather then a tracking one."

They arrived at the tracks to wait for the train. "I have to leave you here. Board the train to Amity and stay away from Erudite and Dauntless. When you get there, ask for Four. If he's not there then wait for him and Tris. Don't come back."

"Got it. Name's Bullet by the way."

"Rebel."

"Go whoop their butts!" Bullet yelled as he pulled himself up.

"Catch!" She threw a gun and he caught it. "Stay safe."